This year's Archery Tournament will be hosted by the City of New Britain and coordinated by the Connecticut Target Archers Association.
The tournament will be held on Saturday July 12th, 2014 at Hungerford Park in New Britain. Please click here for a Map of Hungerford Park.
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE - June 30th
- Please Click Here to Register Online
- Please Click Here to Download the Flyer & Registration Form
Sport Details - Expand All | Collapse All
- No alcoholic beverages or illegal substances are permitted in the possession of athletes.
- Behavior on and off the competition field by any person’s associated with the "Games" must follow the highest standards.
- Use of foul or abusive language constitutes a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- All athletes must respect the decisions of the officials and umpires during and after competitions. Any harassment will constitute a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- Unruly behavior by spectators towards players, coaches, volunteers, and/or officials will not be tolerated. Such behavior may result in the dismissal of the offending spectator from the competition site.
- Any participant’s behavior deemed in violation of the Code of Conduct, as decided by the Nutmeg State Games administrative staff, subjects the competitor to expulsion from the "Games".
- Bowmen: Archers are eligible to shoot in the Junior Division through the calendar year of their 12th birthday (Born in or after 2001).
- Cub: Archers are eligible to shoot in the Cub Division through the calendar year of their 14thth birthday (Born in or after 1999).
- Cadet: Archers are eligible to shoot in the Cadet Division through the calendar year of their 17th birthday (Born in or after 1996).
- Junior: Archers are eligible to shoot in the Junior Division through the calendar year of their 20th birthday (Born in or after 1993).
- Senior: Archers are eligible to shoot in the Senior Division if they will be turning 21 years old in the 2013 calendar year.
- Bowmen (Recurve) will be shooting at 30m on a 122 cm target face in the Qualification and Team rounds.
Bowmen (Compound) will be shooting at 25m on an 80cm target face in the Qualification and Team rounds.
- Cubs (Recurve) will be shooting at 50m on a 122 cm target face in the Qualification and Team rounds.
Cubs (Compound) will be shooting at 30m on an 80cm target face in the Qualification and Team rounds.
Cadets (Recurve) will be shooting at 60m on a 122cm target face in the Qualification and Team rounds.
Juniors and Seniors (Recurve) will be shooting at 70m on an 122cm in the Qualification and Team rounds.
- Cadets, Juniors, and Seniors (Compound) will be shooting at 50m on a 80cm individual target face in the Qualification and Team rounds.
The tournament will consist of a Half-FITA (72 arrow) Qualification Round (arrows will be shot in ends of 6, 12 ends total) and a Team Round. The Team Round selection will be based on the numbers of archers shooting in each division and Qualification Round rankings. Teams will be assigned by the tournament organizers. Additional details regarding the Team Round will be available after registrations have been received and processed.
- 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM: Check-In and Equipment Inspection
- 9:00 AM - 9:30 AM: Official Practice
- 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM: Qualification Round - Scoring 36 Arrows (6 ends of 6 arrows) All Divisions
- 11:00 AM - 11:15 AM: Short Break
- 11:15 AM - 12:45 AM: Qualification Round - Scoring 36 Arrows (6 ends of 6 arrows) All Divisions
- 12:45 PM - 1:15 PM: Lunch
- 1:15 PM - 1:45 PM: Official Team Round Practice
- 1:45 PM: Team Rounds
Please Note: An award ceremony will be held after the conclusion of the Team Rounds
National Archery Association rules apply. The Nutmeg State Games staff reserves the right to combine equipment classes if there is not sufficient representation in each class. Competitor’s age is determined by their age on December 31st, 2013!
Events are open to all Connecticut amateur athletes who register with the Nutmeg State Games Office. The Nutmeg State Games reserves the right to cut the competition in the event of over subscription. In order to enter the athlete must fill out the individual Sport Athlete Entry Form.
- Note: Out of state residents are welcome to compete but must compete in a guest category.
The Nutmeg State Games administration works closely with all Connecticut media outlets regarding any interesting stories about athletes and teams that will be participating in the "Games". If you have an interesting story to tell, we are all ears!
Human interests stories typically address situations "off-the-court". Do you volunteer in the community? Are you great at something other than the sport you are playing? Are you following in the steps of a a sibling or parent? Of course, if you are doing something great on the court please provide us with all the details.
If you, your team or someone you know fits any of these questions, please pass along this information or feel free to contact our office, and we would be happy to coordinate coverage on their behalf. - Please send all info to email@example.com.