We are proud to announce that the Nutmeg State Games, Connecticut Masters' Games and the CT Target Archers Assocation have teamed up again to put on a Great Outdoor State Tournament this summer.
On Saturday, July 25th the Nutmeg State Games Tournament will be held in conjunction with the CT Target Archers Association Outdoor State Tournament. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals winners will qualify for the 2017 State Games of America.
FORMAT: A Single Distance Outdoor Tournament,
The tournament will be held at Hungerford Park and hosted by the City of New Britain. All participants will need to be current members of USA Archery and/or NFAA. Out of state residents are welcome to compete but must compete in a guest category
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE - Friday, July 17th
Sport Details - Expand All | Collapse All
- No alcoholic beverages or illegal substances are permitted in the possession of athletes.
- Behavior on and off the competition field by any person’s associated with the "Games" must follow the highest standards.
- Use of foul or abusive language constitutes a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- All athletes must respect the decisions of the officials and umpires during and after competitions. Any harassment will constitute a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- Unruly behavior by spectators towards players, coaches, volunteers, and/or officials will not be tolerated. Such behavior may result in the dismissal of the offending spectator from the competition site.
- Any participant’s behavior deemed in violation of the Code of Conduct, as decided by the Nutmeg State Games administrative staff, subjects the competitor to expulsion from the "Games".
- Yeoman: Archers are eligible to shoot in the Yeoman Division through the calendar year of their 9th birthday.
- Yeoman (Recurve, Barebow & Compound) 15 Meters - 120cm Target
- Bowmen: Archers are eligible to shoot in the Bowmen Division through the calendar year of their 12th birthday.
- Bowmen (Recurve) 30 Meters - 122cm Full Target
- Bowmen (Compound) 25 Meters - 80cm 6-Ring Target
- Cub: Archers are eligible to shoot in the Cub Division through the calendar year of their 14th birthday
- Cub (Recurve) 50 Meters - 122cm Full Target
- Cub (Compound) 30 Meters - 80cm 6-Ring Target
- Cadet: Archers are eligible to shoot in the Cadet Division through the calendar year of their 17th birthday
- Cadet (Recurve) 60 Meters - 122cm Full Target
- Cadet (Compound) 50 Meters - 80cm 6-Ring Target
- Junior: Archers are eligible to shoot in the Junior Division through the calendar year of their 20th birthday
- Junior (Recurve) 70 Meters - 122cm Full Target
- Junior (Compound) 50 Meters - 80cm 6-Ring Target
- Senior: Archers are eligible to shoot in the Senior Division if they will be turning 21 years old in the 2014 calendar year.
- Senior (Recurve) 70 Meters - 122cm Full Target
- Senior (Compound) 50 Meters - 80cm 6-Ring Target
- Senior (Barebow) 50 Meters - 80cm 6-Ring Target
CT Masters Games Divisions:
- 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90+
- Please Note:
- The CT Masters' Games participants will shoot from 60 yds, 50 yds and 40 yds.
- The competition will be held at the same time as the Nutmeg State Games Tournament but on a seperate field.
- 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM: Check-In and Equipment Inspection
- 9:00 AM - 9:30 AM: Official Practice
- Nutmeg / CTAA Six Ends - All Divisions
- Lunch Break
- Nutmeg / CTAA Six Ends - All Divisions
- Team Round to follow Nutmeg / Masters' Scoring Rounds if enough participation
- Award Ceremony
The tournament will be a Single Distance Outdoor Tournament.
A single Round (72 arrows) and a Team Round.
Please Note: An award ceremony will be held after the conclusion of the Team Rounds
National Archery Association rules apply. The Nutmeg State Games staff reserves the right to combine equipment classes if there is not sufficient representation in each class. Competitor’s age is determined by their age on December 31st, 2015!
Participants entering an individual sport competition or meet are requested to submit an Individual Sport Athlete Registration Form and the Appropriate Individual Sport FEE as soon as possible to enhance their chances of competing in the Nutmeg State Games. In addition to the Individual Sport Registration Form and Individual Sport Fee participants are requested to include PROOF OF AGE for certain sport offerings. Please see the list of Sports below that require submission of proof of age. Proof of age includes a copy (please do not send originals) of one of the following: valid driver’s license, copy of a birth certificate or a copy of a passport.
You have the option to either Register ONLINE or by HARDCOPY - You do not have to do both!
To be considered for competition of the Nutmeg State Games an Individual Sport Participant must submit the following:
One check covering appropriate Individual Sport Fee
Proof of age (a COPY of one of the following: Driver’s license, Birth Certificate or Passport).
Proof of Age is required for the following Individual Sports: Archery, Golf, Gymnastics, Swimming, Track & Field and Wrestling
The Nutmeg State Games Administration will notify a participant of his or her status by a confirmation email once the Registration goes through. Participants will be selected on a first come, first served basis. Participants not selected because of receipt after the registration deadline or other specified date (please see appropriate sport for registration deadline dates) will receive a full refund as soon as verification is possible.
Events are open to all Connecticut amateur athletes who register with the Nutmeg State Games Office. The Nutmeg State Games reserves the right to cut the competition in the event of over subscription. In order to enter the athlete must fill out the Individual Sport Athlete Entry Form.
- Participants will need to be current members of USA Archery and/or NFAA
- Note: Out of state residents are welcome to compete but must compete in a guest category.
Parisi Speed School (Bristol & Enfield) is the Official Training Partner of the Nutmeg State Games!
With over 75 locations nationwide, the Parisi Speed School is recognized as the country's premiere athletic performance enhancement organization for youth athletics. Using techniques that have produced over 190 NFL draft picks, our specially trained performance coaches deliver a positive training experience that improves speed of movement and strength in character regardless of ability or economic status.
Whether training individual athletes or entire teams, athletes see clear results in performance and self-confidence from our programs. Call us today for more information and a free introductory class.
The Nutmeg State Games administration works closely with all Connecticut media outlets regarding any interesting stories about athletes and teams that will be participating in the "Games". If you have an interesting story to tell, we are all ears!
Human interests stories typically address situations "off-the-court". Do you volunteer in the community? Are you great at something other than the sport you are playing? Are you following in the steps of a a sibling or parent? Of course, if you are doing something great on the court please provide us with all the details.
If you, your team or someone you know fits any of these questions, please pass along this information or feel free to contact our office, and we would be happy to coordinate coverage on their behalf. - Please send all info to firstname.lastname@example.org.