This year's Cycling Criterium will be hosted by the City of New Britain and coordinated by Rick Comshaw of the Connecticut Bicycle Racing Association (CBRA).
Up to $15,400 in Cash and Prizes!
$6,550 in Cash Prizes, $1,400 in Cash Primes & $2,350 in Prizes Guaranteed
- $6,550 in Cash Prizes, $1,400 in Cash Primes & $2,350 in Prizes Guaranteed
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE 2013 RACE FLYER & SCHEDULE
- REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN - BIKEREG.COM
- Nutmeg State Games Connecticut State Championships.
- Connecticut Championship for every field except for CAT4/5 and Women 4.
- Top Connecticut Racer (Resident) to receive Connecticut Championship Jersey.
- All Fields over 100 Riders will receive an additional $500 in Primes.
Any questions on the event, email Rick Comshaw at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sport Details - Expand All | Collapse All
- No alcoholic beverages or illegal substances are permitted in the possession of athletes.
- Behavior on and off the competition field by any person’s associated with the "Games" must follow the highest standards.
- Use of foul or abusive language constitutes a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- All athletes must respect the decisions of the officials and umpires during and after competitions. Any harassment will constitute a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- Unruly behavior by spectators towards players, coaches, volunteers, and/or officials will not be tolerated. Such behavior may result in the dismissal of the offending spectator from the competition site.
- Any participant’s behavior deemed in violation of the Code of Conduct, as decided by the Nutmeg State Games administrative staff, subjects the competitor to expulsion from the "Games".
Trey Prime: Three $100 primes, minimum. Race ^ If 100 Women 3 race, I will add $500 to the prize list out of my own pocket (in addition to the prime bonus)! Minimum field for stated prizes is 15, fewer than that, race will be run for medals only. All riders eligible for cash prizes and primes (There will be $1,100 in primes)
Course description: 3 lane, purpose built cycling course with four corners and slight rise, recently repaved. Race results by Speed Sport Timing. Neutral support by SRAM Race Support. To ride Masters 30+, 35+, 45+ and 55+ you must be Cat 1-4. All USCF rules apply. Nutmeg State Game Medals to the first three Connecticut riders in each Category. No tank tops, mountain bikes or aero bars.
- Food and beverages are available at the race.
From I-84 East:
Take merge onto route 72 east. Get off of 72 on exit 7, go south-east onto SR-372 (Corbin Ave). Bear Left (east) onto Hart Street. Bear Left (northeast) onto Vine Street. The park will be on the right.
Take exit 35 to route 72 east and proceed as above. Route 9 North: Take exit 26 and go straight. Turn Left (south) onto Main St. Turn right (west) onto SR-71A (W. Main St.) Turn left (south) onto Vine Street.
Route 9 South:
Take exit 28/28A. Turn right (west) onto E. Main St. Turn right (west) onto SR-71A (W. Main St.). Turn left (south) onto Vine St.
- Parking is not allowed on side streets (especially Vine St) near Walnut Hill Park. Parking is available at New Britain General Hospital.
The Nutmeg State Games administration works closely with all Connecticut media outlets regarding any interesting stories about athletes and teams that will be participating in the "Games". If you have an interesting story to tell, we are all ears!
Human interests stories typically address situations "off-the-court". Do you volunteer in the community? Are you great at something other than the sport you are playing? Are you following in the steps of a a sibling or parent? Of course, if you are doing something great on the court please provide us with all the details.
If you, your team or someone you know fits any of these questions, please pass along this information or feel free to contact our office, and we would be happy to coordinate coverage on their behalf. - Please send all info to email@example.com.
Join the ROCK CATS and the Nutmeg State Games as we honor all participating athletes at the stadium.
All participating athletes will receive a Free Ticket. Additional tickets (for parents and friends) can be purchased for $5.00.
To receive your tickets please sign-up at: www.rockcats.com/nutmegstategames
Friday, July 12th - 7:05 PM
Trenton Thunder vs. New Britain Rock Cats