2017 Nutmeg Classic Criterium
CT STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS U23 ELITE & MASTERS 40/50/60+ CATEGORIES
This year's ShopRite Nutmeg State Games Cycling Criterium will be held on Sun., June 4th, hosted by the City of New Britain and coordinated by Rick Comshaw of the Connecticut Bicycle Racing Association (CBRA).
Online Pre-Registration Deadline: Friday, Jun 2, 2017 at 6:00 PM ET
Nutmeg State Games Criterium Championships
ALL FIELDS OVER 100 RIDERS WILL RECEIVE AN ADDITIONAL $500 IN PRIMES!
CONNECTICUT CHAMPIONSHIPS FOR U23 ELITE & MASTERS 40/50/60+ CATEGORIES
- QUESTIONS - please email Rick Comshaw at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No alcoholic beverages or illegal substances are permitted in the possession of athletes.
- Behavior on and off the competition field by any person’s associated with the "Games" must follow the highest standards.
- Use of foul or abusive language constitutes a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- All athletes must respect the decisions of the officials and umpires during and after competitions. Any harassment will constitute a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- Unruly behavior by spectators towards players, coaches, volunteers, and/or officials will not be tolerated. Such behavior may result in the dismissal of the offending spectator from the competition site.
- Any participant’s behavior deemed in violation of the Code of Conduct, as decided by the Nutmeg State Games administrative staff, subjects the competitor to expulsion from the "Games".
- Online Registration is available on BikeReg.com.
- Please click on the Bikereg.com logo below to be directed to the registration Page.
Registration opens at 8:00 AM and will close 30 minutes before each race. Day of race entry $5 extra. One-day licenses may be purchased onsite for $10 and are valid for a single day of racing. Onsite One-day licenses may only be purchased by Category 5 Men and Category 4 Women, for use in races open to those categories. Additional Races subtract $5 (Does not include comp enteries). Course description: 3 lane, purpose built cycling course with four corners and slight rise, recently repaved. Concessions will be available at the race. Race results by Speed Sport Timing. Neutral support by SRAM Race Support. USAC Event Pending. Note 1: $10 per rider will be put into the prize list up to $350. Note 2: $10 per rider will be put into prize list up to $250. * Both elite men and women will have podium at the start/finish line after the women’s elite race is over. Prize distribution will take place after podium ceremony, you must be present to get your prize. I will be looking for podium men/ladies for the appropriate ceremony, proper clothing and decorum required. See me to volunteer.
~ Trey Prime: Three $100 primes, minimum. *To ride Masters 30+, 40+, 45+ and 55+ you must be Cat 1-4. All USAC rules apply. Minimum field f is 15 No tank tops, mountain bikes or aero bars. Send a completed 2016 Standard Entry form and check to Richard Comshaw, 238 Congdon Street, Middletown, CT 06457 OR register online at: Bikereg.com (USAC note: there is a user fee for using online registration services.) Nutmeg State Game Medals to the first three Connecticut riders in each Category. USAC State championship medals are the responsibility of NEBRA. All riders eligible for cash prizes and primes Questions: email me at r dot comshaw at snet dot net. All prizes not picked up on the day of the race by the racer winning it will be donated to the Westfield Volunteer Fire Department. NEW for 2016: Price increase thanks to increased fees from USAC and a NEBRA surcharge.
From I-84 East:
Take merge onto route 72 east. Get off of 72 on exit 7, go south-east onto SR-372 (Corbin Ave). Bear Left (east) onto Hart Street. Bear Left (northeast) onto Vine Street. The park will be on the right.
Take exit 35 to route 72 east and proceed as above. Route 9 North: Take exit 26 and go straight. Turn Left (south) onto Main St. Turn right (west) onto SR-71A (W. Main St.) Turn left (south) onto Vine Street.
Route 9 South:
Take exit 28/28A. Turn right (west) onto E. Main St. Turn right (west) onto SR-71A (W. Main St.). Turn left (south) onto Vine St.
- Parking is not allowed on side streets (especially Vine St) near Walnut Hill Park. Parking is available at New Britain General Hospital.
The Nutmeg State Games administration works closely with all Connecticut media outlets regarding any interesting stories about athletes and teams that will be participating in the "Games". If you have an interesting story to tell, we are all ears!
Human interests stories typically address situations "off-the-court". Do you volunteer in the community? Are you great at something other than the sport you are playing? Are you following in the steps of a a sibling or parent? Of course, if you are doing something great on the court please provide us with all the details.
If you, your team or someone you know fits any of these questions, please pass along this information or feel free to contact our office, and we would be happy to coordinate coverage on their behalf. - Please send all info to email@example.com.
The Nutmeg State Games is a Not-For-Profit (C)-3 Corporation and as such is always looking for ways to supplement our funding efforts. We have a discovered a way in which you can help and SAVE YOURSELF SOME MONEY AS WELL. If you click on the image below Coaches, Players and Family Members will find out how the program works and how it can be beneficial to us and you. Save some MONEY on your next magazine order while also supporting our efforts to continue to provide programs for "Good Kids Making Good Choices"........ A winner for Everyone!