Figure Skating Competition
This year's Figure Skating Competition will be hosted by the Newington Arena and coordinated by Steve Moore of the Connecticut Skating Academy at Newington (Host Club).
The competition will be held on Saturday, July 13th (and Sunday, July 14th if needed).
Registration Deadline - Thursday, June 20th.
Test Status is effective as of Thursday, June 20th.
2013 Announcement - Please Click Here to Download
- Registration will be available online through www.Entryeeze.com beginning in early May
- $5.00 for Adults
- $3.00 for Children and Senior Citizens
Sport Details - Expand All | Collapse All
- No alcoholic beverages or illegal substances are permitted in the possession of athletes.
- Behavior on and off the competition field by any person’s associated with the "Games" must follow the highest standards.
- Use of foul or abusive language constitutes a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- All athletes must respect the decisions of the officials and umpires during and after competitions. Any harassment will constitute a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- Unruly behavior by spectators towards players, coaches, volunteers, and/or officials will not be tolerated. Such behavior may result in the dismissal of the offending spectator from the competition site.
- Any participant’s behavior deemed in violation of the Code of Conduct, as decided by the Nutmeg State Games administrative staff, subjects the competitor to expulsion from the "Games".
Events are open to amateur skaters who are members of US Figure Skating or ISI.
- The Nutmeg State Games reserves the right to limit combine, divide or eliminate events based on the applications received. The tournament will be held in the Newington Arena on a Standard NHL 2 sheets of Ice.
- All events will be run in accordance to the rules listed in the 2013 US Figure Skating Rulebook.
- All new rules on well-balanced program events that become effective June 1, 2013 will be used for this competition.
- The elements for Free Skating and Short Program events can be found on the USFS website – www.usfsa.org.
Practice Ice will be available Friday evening July 12th and Saturday morning before the competition.
- Practice ice can be reserved both at the time of registration and after the schedule has been published, but must be purchased on www.entryeeze.com
Event check-in is 1 hour prior to the event.
- The Official Schedule will be posted on Entryeeze.com ONE week prior to the competition.
Competitors’ CDs must be delivered at the time of check in.
- A duplicate CD should also be readily available. CDs should be clearly marked with the name of the competitor and event.
- All programs must start at the beginning of the CD and be the only music on the CD.
- Cassette Tapes will NOT be accepted.
- Please - No CDRW Disks.
- All dance compulsory music will be provided by CSA at Newington.
Awards will be presented for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers in each group.
- Placement will be determined by the 6.0 system
The Nutmeg State Games administration works closely with all Connecticut media outlets regarding any interesting stories about athletes and teams that will be participating in the "Games". If you have an interesting story to tell, we are all ears!
Human interests stories typically address situations "off-the-court". Do you volunteer in the community? Are you great at something other than the sport you are playing? Are you following in the steps of a a sibling or parent? Of course, if you are doing something great on the court please provide us with all the details.
If you, your team or someone you know fits any of these questions, please pass along this information or feel free to contact our office, and we would be happy to coordinate coverage on their behalf. - Please send all info to email@example.com.
College Planning Seminar & Pizza Party!
Hosted by the Nutmeg State Games and Play in College
DON'T WAIT TO BE DISCOVERED!
The Nutmeg State Games have partnered with Play In College, a Student Information System for athletes that helps parents and student-athletes increase the chances to receive college scholarships, and become educated on the admissions process while making it easy for college coaches to find the right player for their program... Derrick Rodgers, former NFL player will provide insights and his personal experience of the college recruiting process....and just for fun a pizza party at the Games to get to know each other.
The College Planning Seminar is FREE for all Nutmeg State Games athletes, coaches, parents and the general public to attend.
Join the ROCK CATS and the Nutmeg State Games as we honor all participating athletes at the stadiu
All participating athletes will receive a Free Ticket. Additional tickets (for parents and friends) can be purchased for $5.00.
To receive your tickets please sign-up at: www.rockcats.com/nutmegstategames
Friday, July 12th - 7:05 PM
Trenton Thunder vs. New Britain Rock Cats