2017 Wrestling Meet
This year's Wrestling Meet will be hosted by the City of New Britain and coordinated by Mark Camissa and Josh Levine. The meet will be held on Sunday, July 30th. Onsite Registration is available.
The meet style is Folkstyle.
Pre-Registration is now OPEN!.
- Onsite Registration is available the day of the meet.
- Onsite Registration Fee: $35.00
Age Divisions Offered:
- 13 - 15 years old, 18 & Under, 19 & Over (Open)
Please Note - Admission for spectators is $5.00 for adults, $3.00 for students and senior citizens.
- No alcoholic beverages or illegal substances are permitted in the possession of athletes.
- Behavior on and off the competition field by any person’s associated with the "Games" must follow the highest standards.
- Use of foul or abusive language constitutes a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- All athletes must respect the decisions of the officials and umpires during and after competitions. Any harassment will constitute a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- Unruly behavior by spectators towards players, coaches, volunteers, and/or officials will not be tolerated. Such behavior may result in the dismissal of the offending spectator from the competition site.
- Any participant’s behavior deemed in violation of the Code of Conduct, as decided by the Nutmeg State Games administrative staff, subjects the competitor to expulsion from the "Games".
Wrestling Meet Schedule - Registration / Check in / Weigh in: 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- The meet will begin at 10:00 AM (Based on number of participants)
- Your age group will be determined as of Sunday, July 30th (the day of the Wrestling Meet)
- You will be weighed in wearing your Singlet.
Intermediate 13 - 15 years old:
- 95 LBS, 100 LBS, 106 LBS, 113 LBS, 120 LBS, 126 LBS, 132 LBS, 138 LBS, 145 LBS, 152 LBS, 160 LBS, 170 LBS, 182 LBS, 195 LBS, 220 LBS
Scholastic 16 - 18 years old:
- 106 LBS, 113 LBS, 120 LBS, 126 LBS, 132 LBS, 138 LBS, 145 LBS, 152 LBS, 160 LBS, 170 LBS, 182 LBS, 195 LBS, 220 LBS, 285 LBS
Open - 19 & Up:
- 125 LBS, 133 LBS, 141 LBS, 149 LBS, 157 LBS, 165 LBS, 174 LBS, 184 LBS, 197 LBS, 220 LBS, 285 LBS
Intermediate & Scholastic: National Federation HS
Open: National Federation HS
- Competitor’s age is determined by their age on the day of the tournament (Sunday, July 31st).
- The Nutmeg State Games recommends all participants wear singlets, head gear and are clean shaven for the meet.
- In the event that there are more then 4 athletes registered in each weight class, there will be wrestle-offs to determine who will go to the finals.
Wrestling Meet Format
- Double Elimination. If less than 5 in a weight class - Round Robin.
- The meet style is Folkstyle.
- 3 periods at 1-2-2 minutes in length
- 4 Mats will used to conduct the meet that will be held in main gymnasium of New Britain High School
- Events are open to all Connecticut amateur athletes who register with the Nutmeg State Games Office. The Nutmeg State Games reserves the right to cut the competition in the event of over subscription.
Participants entering an individual sport competition or meet are requested to submit an Individual Sport Athlete Registration Form and the Appropriate Individual Sport FEE as soon as possible to enhance their chances of competing in the Nutmeg State Games. In addition to the Individual Sport Registration Form and Individual Sport Fee participants are requested to include PROOF OF AGE for certain sport offerings. Please see the list of Sports below that require submission of proof of age. Proof of age includes a copy (please do not send originals) of one of the following: valid driver’s license, copy of a birth certificate or a copy of a passport.
You have the option to either Register ONLINE or by HARDCOPY - You do not have to do both!
Onsite Registration is available the day the meet!
To be considered for competition of the Nutmeg State Games an Individual Sport Participant must submit the following:
- Individual Sport Athlete Entry Form
- One check covering appropriate Individual Sport Fee
- Proof of age (a COPY of one of the following: Driver’s license, Birth Certificate or Passport).
Proof of Age is required for the following Individual Sports: Archery, Golf, Gymnastics, Swimming, Track & Field and Wrestling
The Nutmeg State Games Administration will notify a participant of his or her status by a confirmation email once the Registration goes through. Participants will be selected on a first come, first served basis. Participants not selected because of receipt after the registration deadline or other specified date (please see appropriate sport for registration deadline dates) will receive a full refund as soon as verification is possible.
Parisi Speed School (Bristol & Enfield) is the Official Training Partner of the Nutmeg State Games!
With over 75 locations nationwide, the Parisi Speed School is recognized as the country's premiere athletic performance enhancement organization for youth athletics. Using techniques that have produced over 190 NFL draft picks, our specially trained performance coaches deliver a positive training experience that improves speed of movement and strength in character regardless of ability or economic status.
Whether training individual athletes or entire teams, athletes see clear results in performance and self-confidence from our programs. Call us today for more information and a free introductory class.
The Nutmeg State Games administration works closely with all Connecticut media outlets regarding any interesting stories about athletes and teams that will be participating in the "Games". If you have an interesting story to tell, we are all ears!
Human interests stories typically address situations "off-the-court". Do you volunteer in the community? Are you great at something other than the sport you are playing? Are you following in the steps of a a sibling or parent? Of course, if you are doing something great on the court please provide us with all the details.
If you, your team or someone you know fits any of these questions, please pass along this information or feel free to contact our office, and we would be happy to coordinate coverage on their behalf. - Please send all info to email@example.com.
The Nutmeg State Games is a Not-For-Profit (C)-3 Corporation and as such is always looking for ways to supplement our funding efforts. We have a discovered a way in which you can help and SAVE YOURSELF SOME MONEY AS WELL. If you click on the image below Coaches, Players and Family Members will find out how the program works and how it can be beneficial to us and you. Save some MONEY on your next magazine order while also supporting our efforts to continue to provide programs for "Good Kids Making Good Choices"........ A winner for Everyone!