This year's Wrestling Meet will be hosted by the City of New Britain and coordinated by Mark Camissa and Josh Levine.
The meet will be held on Sunday, July 20th
- PRE-Registration Deadline: July 11th
- ONSITE REGISTRATION IS AVAILABLE...!
Please Note - Admission for spectators is $5.00 for adults, $3.00 for students and senior citizens.
Sport Details - Expand All | Collapse All
- No alcoholic beverages or illegal substances are permitted in the possession of athletes.
- Behavior on and off the competition field by any person’s associated with the "Games" must follow the highest standards.
- Use of foul or abusive language constitutes a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- All athletes must respect the decisions of the officials and umpires during and after competitions. Any harassment will constitute a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- Unruly behavior by spectators towards players, coaches, volunteers, and/or officials will not be tolerated. Such behavior may result in the dismissal of the offending spectator from the competition site.
- Any participant’s behavior deemed in violation of the Code of Conduct, as decided by the Nutmeg State Games administrative staff, subjects the competitor to expulsion from the "Games".
Your age group will be determined as of Sunday, July 21st (the day of the Wrestling Meet)
Intermediate 13 - 15 years old:
- 95 LBS, 100 LBS, 106 LBS, 113 LBS, 120 LBS, 126 LBS, 132 LBS, 138 LBS, 145 LBS, 152 LBS, 160 LBS, 170 LBS, 182 LBS, 195 LBS, 220 LBS
Scholastic 16 - 18 years old:
- 106 LBS, 113 LBS, 120 LBS, 126 LBS, 132 LBS, 138 LBS, 145 LBS, 152 LBS, 160 LBS, 170 LBS, 182 LBS, 195 LBS, 220 LBS, 285 LBS
Open - 19 & Up:
- 125 LBS, 133 LBS, 141 LBS, 149 LBS, 157 LBS, 165 LBS, 174 LBS, 184 LBS, 197 LBS, 285 LBS
Registration / Check in / Weigh in: 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- The meet will begin at 10:00 AM (Based on number of participants)
Intermediate & Scholastic: National Federation HS
Open: National Federation HS
- Competitor’s age is determined by their age on the day of the tournament (Sunday, July 22nd).
- The Nutmeg State Games recommends all participants wear singlets, head gear and are clean shaven for the meet.
- In the event that there are more then 4 athletes registered in each weight class, there will be wrestle-offs to determine who will go to the finals.
- Double Elimination. If less than 5 in a weight class - Round Robin.
- The meet style is Folkstyle.
- 4 Mats will used to conduct the meet that will be held in main gymnasium of New Britain High School
Events are open to all Connecticut amateur athletes who register with the Nutmeg State Games Office. The Nutmeg State Games reserves the right to cut the competition in the event of over subscription.
The Nutmeg State Games administration works closely with all Connecticut media outlets regarding any interesting stories about athletes and teams that will be participating in the "Games". If you have an interesting story to tell, we are all ears!
Human interests stories typically address situations "off-the-court". Do you volunteer in the community? Are you great at something other than the sport you are playing? Are you following in the steps of a a sibling or parent? Of course, if you are doing something great on the court please provide us with all the details.
If you, your team or someone you know fits any of these questions, please pass along this information or feel free to contact our office, and we would be happy to coordinate coverage on their behalf. - Please send all info to firstname.lastname@example.org.