SPORTS MEDICINE PROVIDERS - THE SPORTS MEDICINE TEAM REQUESTS YOUR HELP!
- No Experience Necessary.
- All new volunteers will be proctored by experienced volunteers.
Credit Hours available for MD's, DC's, ATC's and students in need of hours!
2013 Connecticut Sports Management Group Event Dates:
- Northeast Football Showcase - Saturday, May 11th. Sage Park, Berlin
- Connecticut Masters' Games - May 18th & 19th. Hosted by the City of New Britain
- Connecticut Masters' Games Softball Tournament - June 8th - June 12th. Hosted by the CT Sportsplex
- Nutmeg State Games Figure Skating Competition - Saturday, July 13th. Newington Arena
- Nutmeg State Games Roller Hockey Tournament - July 13th & 14th. Trinity College
- Nutmeg State Games Softball Tournament - July 13th & 14th. New Britain & Berlin
- Nutmeg State Games - July 20th - July 28th - Hosted by the City of New Britain
If you have the expertise for providing exceptional care on an interdisciplinary sports medicine team; if you have the passion to help young and seasoned athletes in need of good sports medicine care; if you have the good will to contribute your expertise for the benefit of the athletes in Connecticut’s Largest Olympic style multi-sport festival, then we invite you to join our sports medicine team.
Our team includes dedicated professionals from the following fields: athletic training, chiropractic medicine, allopathic, osteopathy, naturopathy, podiatry, physical therapy, nursing, massage therapy, APRN's, PA's, emergency medicine and occupational therapy. You’ll watch the competition from the sidelines and courtside; observe the small and big hits, twists and bangs; and be on your toes to care for the athlete in need. You’ll help insure the health and safety of the athletes to compete at their full potential.
Please review the Individual Sport Schedule and Team Sport Schedule and indicate your dates and times of availability. First aid and sports medicine supplies and medical bags will be provided onsite. If you have your own bags, then supplies will be provided where needed and available. We have the Sports Medical Staff Manual to download as well as the 2012 Volunteer Form to fill out. On behalf of the Connecticut Sports Management Group, Inc. we appreciate your participation on the sports medicine team and look forward to working with you to help keep Connecticut’s athletes healthy, fit and ready to go for the Gold!
Bert Gay, RN, BSN
Phone: (781) 696 5727