This year's Baseball Tournament will be held from Monday, July 22nd through Saturday, July 27th. Sunday, July 28th will be used as a make-up day if we have inclement weather during the week. The baseball tournament will be hosted by the City of New Britain.
All Teams will receive a minimum guarantee of three games in a Round Robin / Pool Play Format.
Please See the List Below of Committed Teams per Age Group:
10 & Under: - We can only accommodate 12 Teams for the 10&U Division.
- Wilton Warriors, New England Knights, West Hartford Youth Baseball, West Haven, Cheshire Reds, WHLL Travel,
12 & Under: - We can only accommodate 12 Teams for the 12&U Division.
- Ridgefield LL, Torrington Tribe, New England Knights, BTL Tides, Naugatuck Travel Baseball, WHLL Travel,
13 Year Old Division: - We can only accommodate 8 Teams for the 13's Division. - The 13's Division is FILLED
Ridgefield, Burlington Bulldogs, Pomperaug, CT Mission, West Hartford Thunder, BTL Tides, Glastonbury Vipers, Newtown Thunder.
- Waiting list: Cromwell,
- Ridgefield, Burlington Bulldogs, Pomperaug, CT Mission, West Hartford Thunder, BTL Tides, Glastonbury Vipers, Newtown Thunder.
15 & Under: - We can only accommodate 8 Teams for the 15&U Division.
- CT Connexion, Pride 9, New England Knights, Simsbury, Glastonbury,
18 & Under: - We can only accommodate 8 Teams for the 18&U Division.
- Fairfield American Legion, Guilford, Fairfield Cardinals, Hartford American Legion,
Sport Details - Expand All | Collapse All
|Age||Division||Roster Max.||Age Cut Off Date|
To be considered for the Nutmeg State Games a team must submit a team entry packet that consists of the following:
A properly completed Team Roster.
A properly completed Coach’s Form.
A properly completed Team Sport Athlete Entry Form for EACH PLAYER ON THE ROSTER
Proof of age (copy of drivers license, birth certificate, passport or players passes) for each athlete.
ONE CHECK covering the entire team entry fee for the appropriate sport, sent to:
Connecticut Sports Management Group, Inc.
50 Founders Plaza, Suite 301
East Hartford, CT 06108
- No alcoholic beverages or illegal substances are permitted in the possession of athletes.
- Behavior on and off the competition field by any person’s associated with the "Games" must follow the highest standards.
- Use of foul or abusive language constitutes a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- All athletes must respect the decisions of the officials and umpires during and after competitions. Any harassment will constitute a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- Unruly behavior by spectators towards players, coaches, volunteers, and/or officials will not be tolerated. Such behavior may result in the dismissal of the offending spectator from the competition site.
- Any participant’s behavior deemed in violation of the Code of Conduct, as decided by the Nutmeg State Games administrative staff, subjects the competitor to expulsion from the "Games".
All teams are required to provide an official score keeper as part of their roster. We strongly recommend that the score keeper be an adult and must be present at each contest. The home team's (which will be determined by a coin toss before each game) scorekeeper will be the official score keeper for that game, with the visiting team also keeping score as a secondary or back up score book. The official score keeper will sit with the administration and volunteers at the scorer’s table or tent during the contest. The score keeper is now part of your roster and will be treated as a member of your team. The score keeper will be responsible for keeping track of pitch counts for both teams.
Due to the fact that all competition brackets are ROUND ROBIN formats, a team may not intentionally forfeit a contest; even though the game may have no consequence on the seeding of the tournament at the conclusion of round robin play. Any team intentionally forfeiting a contest will be disqualified from further competition and the remaining teams will be re-seeded.
Bantam & Youth – 2013 Little League Tournament Rules
PLEASE NOTE - The Nutmeg State Games will use Little League Tournament rules to govern the rules of the actual game. Little League Rules that govern a season, including residency and other such issues will NOT be enforced. The Nutmeg State Games is not a sanctioned Little League Tournament. The "Games" are an OPEN tournament in that any team can enter as long as their players meet the stated age requirements.
- PLEASE NOTE - The Nutmeg State Games will use Little League Tournament rules to govern the rules of the actual game. Little League Rules that govern a season, including residency and other such issues will NOT be enforced. The Nutmeg State Games is not a sanctioned Little League Tournament. The "Games" are an OPEN tournament in that any team can enter as long as their players meet the stated age requirements.
Junior - 2013 High School Federation (with slight modifications)
13 Year Old Division (ONLY)
- BATS/EQUIPMENT: Prep Division bats = minus 5 drop
EH RULE: An extra offensive player (EH) is permitted if declared prior to the start of the game. The EH does not bat for a defensive player. A team may change the EH, but cannot alter the batting order. Example - Smith batting 5th as EH, and Jones batting 6th as catcher. If Smith goes into catch, he must continue to bat 5th, and Jones now becomes EH and continues to bat 6th.
- 13 Year Old Division (ONLY)
- Intermediate – 2013 High School Federation
- Scholastic – 2013 High School Federation
All Age Divisions:
- Team roster and proof of age must be submitted to the scorer's table prior to the start of each game.
- All coaches are responsible for assuring that all players are properly equipped.
All teams will be given a 15 minute grace period beginning at the start time of their scheduled game. At the end of 15 minutes if a team official has not contacted the Nutmeg State Games Administration a forfeit will be declared.
- All teams will be given a 15 minute grace period beginning at the start time of their scheduled game. At the end of 15 minutes if a team official has not contacted the Nutmeg State Games Administration a forfeit will be declared.
- Teams are to provide their own practice balls.
- Teams will be allowed a maximum of 16 players, two coaches and one scorekeeper for credentials and awards.
- Any player or coach ejected from a game may not participate in the team’s next game.
- Home and Away teams will be determined each game by a coin toss conducted by the Umpire or Nutmeg State Games Event Staff.
- The Tournament Director has the right to alter rules, bylaws and bracket structure as needed.
Bantam & Youth:
- Game length will be six innings. Bantam & Youth will have a 2 1/2 hour time limit for all Preliminary Round Games.
- (Mercy Rule) - 10 RUN Mercy Rule after a legal game (3 1/2 innings) if home team is ahead, (4 innings) if visitor is ahead.
- Eligibility - Any player that attains the age of 9 before May 1st and will not attain the age of 13 before May 1st.
Junior, Intermediate & Scholastic:
Game length will be seven innings. 2 1/2 hour time limit for all preliminary round games.
Two-Team Ties: In the event of a two-way tie in the standings, the following tiebreaker system will be used (in-order) until the tie is broken
- Head to Head record
- Record against common opponent
- Runs allowed
- Runs scored
- Coin toss
Ties Involving Three or More Teams: In the event of a tie amongst three or more teams, the tie breakting system (above) will be used (in-order) until the highest seeded team is determined. Once the highest seed is determined, the remaining tied teams will RESTART from the BEGINNING of the tie breaking system.
|2012 Medal Winning Teams|
|10 & Under||Bunker Hill Braves||Berlin||Southington|
|12 & Under||W. Hartford Hurricanes||WHLL Wahoos||Ridgefield|
|13's||Fairfield Rebels||Hamden Hurricanes||Southbury|
|15 & Under||CT Tide||BTL Tides||NE Knights|
|18 & Under||CT Tides||Fairfield Legion||Fairfield Rage|
|2011 Medal Winning Teams|
|10 & Under||New Milford||TriTown||Torrington|
|12 & Under||West Hartford Cannons||USBA Hurricanes||Ridgefield|
|15 & Under||Wallingford Cardinals||Avon||Madison Tigers|
|18 & Under||New Haven Rookies||Fairfield Rage||Guilford|
The Nutmeg State Games administration works closely with all Connecticut media outlets regarding any interesting stories about athletes and teams that will be participating in the "Games". If you have an interesting story to tell, we are all ears!
Human interests stories typically address situations "off-the-court". Do you volunteer in the community? Are you great at something other than the sport you are playing? Are you following in the steps of a a sibling or parent? Of course, if you are doing something great on the court please provide us with all the details.
If you, your team or someone you know fits any of these questions, please pass along this information or feel free to contact our office, and we would be happy to coordinate coverage on their behalf. - Please send all info to email@example.com.
College Planning Seminar & Pizza Party!
Hosted by the Nutmeg State Games and Play in College
DON’T WAIT TO BE DISCOVERED!
The Nutmeg State Games have partnered with Play In College, a Student Information System for athletes that helps parents and student-athletes increase the chances to receive college scholarships, and become educated on the admissions process while making it easy for college coaches to find the right player for their program...and just for fun a pizza party at the Games to get to know each other.
The College Planning Seminar is FREE for all Nutmeg State Games athletes, coaches, parents and the general public to attend.
Join the ROCK CATS and the Nutmeg State Games as we honor all participating athletes at the stadium.
All participating athletes will receive a Free Ticket. Additional tickets (for parents and friends) can be purchased for $5.00.
To receive your tickets please sign-up at: www.rockcats.com/nutmegstategames
Friday, July 12th - 7:05 PM
Trenton Thunder vs. New Britain Rock Cats