CONNECTICUT’S PREMIER COACHES CLINIC
The Nutmeg State Games is proud to announce the 2nd Annual Nutmeg Basketball Coaches Clinic.
The 2014 Nutmeg State Games Coaches Clinic is a two day event which will take place on Friday, September 19th and Saturday, September 20th at the Crowne Plaza in Cromwell, CT.
Don’t miss the chance to meet and learn from some of Connecticut’s finest coaches!
- ONLINE REGISTRATION is Now Open for the 2nd Annual Nutmeg Basketball Coaches Clinic
- Registration Deadline - Tues., September 16th
Sport Details - Expand All | Collapse All
Friday, September 19th
- 8:30 AM -9:45 AM - Registration & Breakfast
- 10:00 AM -11:00 AM - Session #1
- Academic Eligibility for Student Athletes - Beryl Piper, CCSU
- 11:15 AM -12:15 PM - Session #2
- Offensive Out of Bound Opportunities ++ - Todd Stigliano, New Britain HS
- 12:15 PM -1:00 PM - Lunch
- 1:15 PM - 2:30 PM - Session #3
- Team and Individual Defense & Drills - James Cosgrove, Trinity College
- 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM - Session #4
- Ball Screens Offense & Defense - James Jones, Yale Univ.
- 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM - Session #5
- Full Court Pressure Defense - Anthony Latina, Sacred Heart Univ.
Saturday, September 20th
- 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM - Session #6
- Rebounding & Practice Ideas - Tom Moore, Quinnipiac Univ.
- 10:15 - 11:15 AM - Session #7
- Transition Game - Mike Donnelly, SCSU
- 11:30 - 12:30 PM
- The Princeton Hybrid Offensive Fundamentals - Sydney Johnson, Fairfield University
- 12:30 PM - Clinic Concludes
The Nutmeg State Games is honored to welcome eight talented and exceptional coaches. The Coaches Clinic is pleased to feature;
- Tom Moore, Men’s Head Basketball Coach, Quinnipiac University
- James Jones, Men’s Head Basketball Coach, Yale University
- Anthony Latina, Men's Head Coach, Sacred Heart University
- Sydney Johnson, Men;s Head Coach, Fairfield University
- Beryl Piper, Women's Head coach, Central CT State University
- James Cosgrove, Men's Head Coach, Trinity College
- Mike Donnelly, Men's Head Coach, Southern CT State University
- Todd Stigliano, Boys Head Coach, New Britain High School
These remarkable coaches will provide valuable insight and experience that has lead to recognizable success for their schools and athletes.
Prior to starting the Nutmeg State Games in 1989 Bill Mudano was a highly successful high school basketball coach.
In 14 years at Canton High School, coach Mudano's team won 199 games while losing only 99 times for a winning percentage of .667. His teams played twice for the state championship (1978 and 1981) and won the title in 1978. In 1981 his team was the #1 ranked Class S Team for most of the year and finished the season at 22 and 4 losing to Bacon Academy in the state championship game at Central CT State University.
During his over 20 years of coaching high school basketball, coach Mudano has had the opportunity to attend numerous coaching clinics both in Connecticut and all over the Northeast and knows what it takes to offer today's coaches a valuable and informative clinic.
He has assembled, for the for the 1st Annual Nutmeg Basketball Coaches Clinic, college and high school coaches who have learned their craft from the very best and are anxious to pass along their insights and coaching techniques to you!
We’re excited to announce that Krossover will be attending the Nutmeg Basketball Coaches’ Clinic on September 19th and 20th. They will have a booth at the clinic, conduct live 1-on-1 demonstrations, and have specialists on site ready to answer any questions you may have.
If you’re with Krossover, they breakdown, tag and stat out game film for high school and college basketball teams. Hundreds of teams use Krossover to have their game film broken down for them in just 24 hours. Check out their website to see how they can help your team - www.krossover.com.
Stop by the Krossover booth to learn more.”
Parisi Speed School (Bristol & Enfield) is the Official Training Partner of the Nutmeg State Games!
With over 75 locations nationwide, the Parisi Speed School is recognized as the country's premiere athletic performance enhancement organization for youth athletics. Using techniques that have produced over 190 NFL draft picks, our specially trained performance coaches deliver a positive training experience that improves speed of movement and strength in character regardless of ability or economic status.
Whether training individual athletes or entire teams, athletes see clear results in performance and self-confidence from our programs. Call us today for more information and a free introductory class.