Field Hockey 7 vs. 7 Tournament
This year's Field Hockey Tournament will be held from July 18th- July 21st and hosted by the Town of West Hartford & Conard High School.
NEW for 2013 - we will be offering two seperate categories in the 18&U Division - High School and Club.
Please See the list of Committed Teams below:
15&U Division Dates - Friday July 19th. We can only accommodate 16 teams for the 15&U Division.
- Cheshire High School, HTC Field Hockey Club, Immaculate High School
18&U High School Division Dates - Saturday, July 20th.
- Brandford High School, Maloney High School, Cheshire High School, Immaculate High School, Hamden High School, Danbury High School, Brookfield High School, Simsbury High School,
18&U Club Division Dates - Saturday, July 20th.
- HTC Field Hockey Club,
OPEN Division - Sunday, July 21st. We can only accommodate 16 Teams for the OPEN Division.
- Cheshire, HTC Field Hockey Club, Bazingas,
The format for the tournament is a 7 v 7 (half field) "round robin/pool play" with a minimum 3 game guarantee.
Please note that your age (age group) will be determined by the age you are on August 1, 2013.
2013 High School Graduates will not be allowed to play in the 18&U Scholastic Division. 2013 High School Graduates must play in the OPEN Division!
Sport Details - Expand All | Collapse All
|Age||Division||Roster Max.||Age Cut Off|
|13-15||Intermediate||14||August 1st, 2013|
|16-18||Scholastic||14||August 1st, 2013|
|19 and up||*Open||14||N/A|
Please Note: 2013 High School Graduates will not be allowed to play in the 18&U Scholastic Division. 2013 High School Graduates must play in the OPEN Division!
To be considered for the Nutmeg State Games a team must submit a team entry packet that consists of the following:
A properly completed Team Roster.
A properly completed Coach’s Form.
A properly completed Team Sport Athlete Entry Form FOR EACH PLAYER ON THE ROSTER.
Proof of age (copy of drivers license, birth certificate, passport or players passes) for each athlete.
ONE CHECK covering the entire team entry fee for the appropriate sport, sent to:
Connecticut Sports Management Group, Inc.
50 Founders Plaza, Suite 301
East Hartford, CT 06108
- No alcoholic beverages or illegal substances are permitted in the possession of athletes.
- Behavior on and off the competition field by any person’s associated with the "Games" must follow the highest standards.
- Use of foul or abusive language constitutes a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- All athletes must respect the decisions of the officials and umpires during and after competitions. Any harassment will constitute a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- Unruly behavior by spectators towards players, coaches, volunteers, and/or officials will not be tolerated. Such behavior may result in the dismissal of the offending spectator from the competition site.
- Any participant’s behavior deemed in violation of the Code of Conduct, as decided by the Nutmeg State Games administrative staff, subjects the competitor to expulsion from the "Games".
All teams are required to provide an official score keeper as part of their roster. We strongly recommend that the score keeper be an adult and must be present at each contest. The home team's (which will be determined by a coin toss before each game) score keeper will be the official score keeper for that game with the visiting team also keeping score as a secondary or back up score book. The official score keeper will sit with the administration and volunteers at the scorer’s table or tent during the contest. The score keeper is now part of your roster and will be treated as a member of your team.
Due to the fact that all competition brackets are ROUND ROBIN formats, a team may not intentionally forfeit a contest; even though the game may have no consequence on the seeding of the tournament at the conclusion of round robin play. Any team intentionally forfeiting a contest will be disqualified from further competition and the remaining teams will be re-seeded.
15 & Under – High School Federation
- One (1) Twenty-Five (25) minute game running time. One - 60 second - timeout per game, per team. No overtime for preliminary round games – games will end in a tie. Medal Round & Play-IN Games will have a five minute sudden victory period. If the game is still tied we will go to a series of five penalty strokes. If the game is still tied, penalty strokes to sudden victory. Officials will call a water break if the weather deems appropriate.
18 & Under and Open – Federation of International Hockey with NCAA modifications
- One (1) Twenty-Five (25) minute game running time. running time. One - 60 second - timeout per game, per team. No overtime for preliminary round games – games will end in a tie. Medal Round & Play-IN Games will have a five minute sudden victory period. If the game is still tied we will go to a series of five penalty strokes. If the game is still tied, penalty strokes to sudden victory. Officials will call a water break if the weather deems appropriate.
All divisions must know the following:
Teams are to provide their own practice balls.
Teams will be allowed a maximum of 14 players, two coaches and one scorekeeper for credentials and awards.
Open Division will be allowed to carry men on their roster. However, there must be at least six women on the field at all times.
Any player or coach ejected from a game may not participate in the team’s next game.
Two-Team Ties: In the event of a two-way tie in the standings, the following tiebreaker system will be used (in-order) until the tie is broken
- Head to Head record
- Record against common opponent
- Total points
- Goals allowed
- Goals scored
- Coin toss
Ties Involving Three or More Teams: In the event of a tie amongst three or more teams, the tie breakting system (above) will be used (in-order) until the highest seeded team is determined. Once the highest seed is determined, the remaining tied teams will RESTART from the BEGINNING of the tie breaking system.
|2012 Medal Winning Teams|
|15 & Under||FC United Red||FC United White||Cheshire Lambs|
|18 & Under||Competitive Edge||FC United Red||Cheshire Lambs|
|OPEN||HTC||Competitive Edge||CAC Granby|
|2011 Medal Winning Teams|
|15 & Under||CT Revolution Red||Madison Tigers||HTC Field Hockey Club|
|18 & Under||CT Revolution Red||Granby||FC United|
|OPEN||CAC (Granby)||Cheshire||HTC Field Hockey Club|
The Nutmeg State Games administration works closely with all Connecticut media outlets regarding any interesting stories about athletes and teams that will be participating in the "Games". If you have an interesting story to tell, we are all ears!
Human interests stories typically address situations "off-the-court". Do you volunteer in the community? Are you great at something other than the sport you are playing? Are you following in the steps of a a sibling or parent? Of course, if you are doing something great on the court please provide us with all the details.
If you, your team or someone you know fits any of these questions, please pass along this information or feel free to contact our office, and we would be happy to coordinate coverage on their behalf. - Please send all info to firstname.lastname@example.org.
College Planning Seminar & Pizza Party!
Hosted by the Nutmeg State Games and Play in College
DON'T WAIT TO BE DISCOVERED!
The Nutmeg State Games have partnered with Play In College, a Student Information System for athletes that helps parents and student-athletes increase the chances to receive college scholarships, and become educated on the admissions process while making it easy for college coaches to find the right player for their program... Derrick Rodgers, former NFL player will provide insights and his personal experience of the college recruiting process....and just for fun a pizza party at the Games to get to know each other.
The College Planning Seminar is FREE for all Nutmeg State Games athletes, coaches, parents and the general public to attend.
Join the ROCK CATS and the Nutmeg State Games as we honor all participating athletes at the stadium.
All participating athletes will receive a Free Ticket. Additional tickets (for parents and friends) can be purchased for $5.00.
To receive your tickets please sign-up at: www.rockcats.com/nutmegstategames
Friday, July 12th - 7:05 PM
Trenton Thunder vs. New Britain Rock Cats