2018 Roller Hockey Tournament
The 2018 Roller Hockey Tournament will be hosted by Trinity College on July 14th, 15th, 21st and 22nd. Registration will Open Soon!
Roller Hockey Tournament Information:
- 10&U, 12&U, 14&U - Saturday, July 14th & Sunday, July 15th
- 16&U, 18&U, Open - Saturday, July 21st & Sunday, July 22nd
- The format for the tournament is "round robin/pool play" with a minimum 3 game guarantee.
- Please note that your age (age group) will be determined by the age you are on January 1, 2017.
- Spectator Admission (full weekend pass) is $5.00 per adult and $3.00 per student and senior citizen.
Roller Hockey Committed Teams per Age Group:
- 10 & Under Division:
- Mahopac Indians,
- 12 & Under Division:
- Mahopac Indians,
- 14 & Under Division:
- NY Havoc,
- 16 & Under Division:
- NY Havoc,
- 18 & Under Division:
- NY Havoc,
- Open Division:
- NY Havoc,
- No alcoholic beverages or illegal substances are permitted in the possession of athletes.
- Behavior on and off the competition field by any person’s associated with the Games must follow the highest standards.
- Use of foul or abusive language constitutes a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- All athletes must respect the decisions of the officials and umpires during and after competitions. Any harassment will constitute a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- Unruly behavior by spectators towards players, coaches, volunteers, and/or officials will not be tolerated. Such behavior may result in the dismissal of the offending spectator from the competition site.
- Any participant’s behavior deemed in violation of the Code of conduct, as decided by the Nutmeg State Games administrative staff, subjects the competitor to expulsion from the Games.
|Age||Division||Roster Max.||Age Cut Off|
|10 & Under||Youth||12||January 1, 2018|
|12 & Under||Junior||12||January 1, 2018|
|14 & Under||Intermediate||12||January 1, 2018|
|16 & Under||Scholastic||12||January 1, 2018|
|18 & Under||High School||12||January 1, 2018|
|19 & Over||OPEN||12||N/A|
Athletes will receive a Nutmeg State Games non-numbered souvenir t-shirt for all players on the roster. Teams will be allowed to wear their own (numbered) uniforms / jerseys for the tournament.
USA Inline Hockey Rules as amended by Nutmeg State Games Administration & Coordinators.
Admission to watch the tournament (full weekend pass) is $5.00 per adult and $3.00 per student and senior citizen.
- Two 12 minute periods, stop time. One time out per game (30 Seconds).
- No Overtime games will be played in Round Robin Play. Medal games will feature a 3-minute Overtime period and a best of 3 shootout, if necessary. If the score remains tied then sudden death penatly shots will used. (entire roster must shoot before repeating)
Youth (10&U), Junior (12&U), Intermediate (14&U), Scholastic (16&U), High School (18&U), and Open Divisions:
- REQUIRED: Must wear cage helmet, street or roller hockey shin pads, elbow pads, hockey gloves.
- RECOMMENED: Mouth guards and shoulder pads or some sort of protection for the shoulders and chest.
- OPEN division is not required to wear a cage UNLESS the athlete is under the age of 18.
Information for all Divisions:
All coaches are responsible for assuring that all players are properly equipped.
Zero tolerance for profane language or fighting.
Teams will play with four skaters and a goaltender.
Teams are required to be ready 30 minutes prior to their game time.
Teams are to provide their own practice pucks.
Teams will be allowed a maximum of 12 players and two coaches for credentials and awards.
.Mercy Rule will be imposed at ten (10) goals
After a 7 goal lead the clock will run.
If a player receives three (3) penalties in one game (including misconducts) he / she will not be allowed to compete in the rest of the Game. If that same player receives three (3) penalties in another game he or she will be expelled from the tournament.
Minor Penalty- 1:30, Double Minor Penalty- 3:00
Major Penalty- 5:00- Player is ejected for the remainder of the game, can return for the next game.
Misconduct Penalty- 10:00- Player is ejected for the remainder of the game as well as the teams next game. 2 Major/ Misconduct penalties will result in an ejection from the tournament.
Fighting is not tolerated during the Nutmeg State Games Tournament- Will result in ejection from the tournament.
- All teams are required to provide an official score keeper as part of their roster. We strongly recommend that the score keeper be an adult and must be present at each contest. The home team's score keeper will be the official score keeper for that game with the visiting team also keeping score as a secondary or back up score book. The official score keeper will sit with the administration and volunteers at the scorer’s table or tent during the contest. The score keeper is now part of your roster and will be treated as a member of your team.
- Due to the fact that all competition brackets are ROUND ROBIN formats, a team may not intentionally forfeit a contest; even though the game may have no consequence on the seeding of the tournament at the conclusion of round robin play. Any team intentionally forfeiting a contest will be disqualified from further competition and the remaining teams will be re-seeded.
Two-Team Ties: In the event of a two-way tie in the standings, the following tiebreaker system will be used (in-order) until the tie is broken
- Head to Head record
- Total Wins
- Goal differential
- Goals allowed
- Goals scored
- Coin toss
Ties Involving Three or More Teams: In the event of a tie amongst three or more teams, the tie breakting system (above) will be used (in-order) until the highest seeded team is determined. Once the highest seed is determined, the remaining tied teams will RESTART from the BEGINNING of the tie breaking system.
Team organizers / managers / coaches are required to submit a Coaches Form, Team Roster, Team Sport Athlete Form (for each player on the roster), proof of age for each player on the roster and the Appropriate TEAM FEE as soon as possible to enhance their chances of competing in the Nutmeg State Games. Proof of age includes a copy (please do not send originals) of one of the following: valid driver’s license, copy of a birth certificate or a copy of a passport.
To be considered for competition of the Nutmeg State Games a team must submit a Team Entry Packet which includes the following:
A properly completed Team Roster
A properly completed Coaches Form
A properly completed Team Sport Athlete Entry Form for EACH PLAYER ON THE ROSTER
Proof of age (a COPY of one of the following: Driver’s license, Birth Certificate or Passport)
Proof of Age is required for the following Team Sports: Baseball, Basketball, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Roller Hockey & Soccer
ONE CHECK covering the entire team entry for the approiate sport
- Please Note: You will need to know the Team ID# and the Email Address of the Head Coach
|10 & Under||Minions||Rhode Island||Crusaders|
|12 & Under||Minions||Wolfpack||Mahopac Indians|
|14 & Under||E. Coast Mustangs||CT Snipers||Crusaders|
|16 & Under||Pisa Cobras||W. Haverstraw Bandits||Mahopac Indians|
|18 & Under||Mahopac Indians||Mighty Quinns||Vipers|
|Open||Uprising||Shake 'N' Bake||Bombers|
|10 & Under||CT Minions||Rhode Island Freeze||W. Haverstraw|
|12 & Under||Monroe Crusaders||CT Cobras||Rhode Island Freeze|
|14 & Under||CT Cobras||Bellmore||Monroe Crusaders|
|16 & Under||CT Cobras||Mahopac Indians||W. Haverstraw|
|18 & Under||Mahopac Indians||Vipers||Ossining|
|Open||Zrink Selects||Shake n Bake||Meat Packin Beef Boys|
|10 & Under||Minions||Pawling-Beekman||Team Works Tigers|
|12 & Under||West Haverstraw||Team Works Tigers||CT Shamrocks|
|14 & Under||West Haverstraw||Team Works Tigers||CT Shamrocks|
|16 & Under||The Mighty Quinn's||Mahopac Indians||West Haverstraw|
|18 & Under||The Mighty Quinn's||Vipers||4th Liners|
|Open||Sharks||CT Blaze||Hartford Fire Ants|
|10 & Under||CT Shamrocks||Teamworks Tigers||Monroe Crusaders|
|12 & Under||CT Shamrocks||Monroe Crusaders||W.Haverstraw|
|14 & Under||W. Haverstraw||Mahopac Indians||Monroe Crusaders|
|18 & Under||Z Rink 2020||CT Shamrocks||Monroe Crusaders|
|Open||CT Coasters||Broadway Bullies||Fire Ants|
|10 & Under||CT Shamrocks||Monroe Crusaders||Mahopac Indians|
|12 & Under||CT Bulldogs||Monroe Crusaders||NY Panthers|
|14 & Under||Hudson Valley Saints||Rockland||NY Panthers|
|18 & Under||Yorktown Stars||CT Shamrocks||Golden Dragon|
|10 & Under||Monroe Crusaders||CT Bulldogs||Jr. Fire Ants|
|12 & Under||CT Bulldogs||East Fishkill Dragons||Ossining Indians|
|14 & Under||CT Blaze||Monroe Crusaders||East Fishkill Dragons|
|18 & Under||Jr. Fire Ants||CT Blaze||Yorktown Stars|
|8 & Under||Jr. Fire Ants||CT Blaze||East Fishkill|
|10 & Under||East Fishkill||CT Blaze||Jr. Fire Ants|
|12 & Under||Hudson Valley Stars||East Fishkill||Jr. Fire Ants|
|14 & Under||CT Blaze||Brickyard Bandits||Monroe|
|16 & Under||Jr. Fire Ants - Tie||Brickyard Bandits - Tie||CT Revolution|
|18 & Under||CT Revolution||Enfileld||Newburgh Sharks|
|Open||CT Predators||Jr. Fire Ants - Tie||Ocean State Makos|
Parisi Speed School (Bristol & Enfield) is the Official Training Partner of the Nutmeg State Games!
With over 75 locations nationwide, the Parisi Speed School is recognized as the country's premiere athletic performance enhancement organization for youth athletics. Using techniques that have produced over 190 NFL draft picks, our specially trained performance coaches deliver a positive training experience that improves speed of movement and strength in character regardless of ability or economic status.
Whether training individual athletes or entire teams, athletes see clear results in performance and self-confidence from our programs. Call us today for more information and a free introductory class.
The Nutmeg State Games administration works closely with all Connecticut media outlets regarding any interesting stories about athletes and teams that will be participating in the "Games". If you have an interesting story to tell, we are all ears!
Human interests stories typically address situations "off-the-court". Do you volunteer in the community? Are you great at something other than the sport you are playing? Are you following in the steps of a a sibling or parent? Of course, if you are doing something great on the court please provide us with all the details.
If you, your team or someone you know fits any of these questions, please pass along this information or feel free to contact our office, and we would be happy to coordinate coverage on their behalf. - Please send all info to email@example.com.