The Nutmeg State Games will be offering this summer, two (2) FREE seminars as part of our on-going Education Series.
The two (2) seminars would be open to anyone interested in attending. The program topics would cover the very timely and important areas of (a) knee injuries and (b) concussions. Both seminars will be held at New Britain High School during the Nutmeg State Games scheduled on Saturday July 15th and Saturday July 22nd. An overview of the two (2) seminars follows:
- Seminar #1 Knee Injury Prevention & Treatment - Sat., July 15th
- Presenter: Stefanie Bourassa, DPT, MSPT, CCSC is the director for the newly opened center for Musculoskeletal Health at the Bone Joint Institute, as well as, the Sports Medicine Clinical Program Director for Hartford Healthcare Rehabilitation Network based in Hartford.
- Topics covered:
- Knee joint anatomy overview
- Knee injury prevention strategies
- Injury specific care and treatment
- Mechanism of the ACL injury
- ACL care and treatment
- ACL tear prevention
- Seminar # 2 Sports Concussion Management - Sat., July 22nd
- Presenter: Subramani Seetharama, MD is the Chief of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Hartford Hospital and has been a doctor of Sports Medicine & Spinal Cord Injuries for 20+ years.
- Topics Covered:
- What is a concussion
- What is the mechanism of a concussion
- Evaluation, Care and Treatment of concussion
- Recovery expectations
- Return to school/sports protocols
- Concussion prevention strategies