2020 Archery Tournament
Join us this summer for the 32nd Annual ShopRite Nutmeg State Games Archery Tournament hosted by the City of New Britain! This is a great opportunity to compete in a statewide tournament in Central Connecticut. The tournament format is a Single Distance Outdoor Shoot.
The tournament will be held at Hungerford Park and hosted by the City of New Britain. Out of state residents are welcome to compete but must compete in a guest category.
- Saturday, June 6th, 2020
- Hungerford Park, New Britain
- 8:00 am - 9:00 am - Check-In / Inspection
- 9:00 am - 9:30 am - Practice
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE - Friday, May 29th
- Please click here for a Map of Hungerford Park
- Yeoman: Archers are eligible to shoot in the Yeoman Division through the calendar year of their 9th birthday.
- Yeoman (Recurve, Barebow & Compound) 15 Meters - 120cm Target
- Bowmen: Archers are eligible to shoot in the Bowmen Division through the calendar year of their 12th birthday.
- Bowmen (Recurve) 30 Meters - 122cm Full Target
- Bowmen (Compound) 25 Meters - 80cm 6-Ring Target
- Cub: Archers are eligible to shoot in the Cub Division through the calendar year of their 14th birthday
- Cub (Recurve) 50 Meters - 122cm Full Target
- Cub (Compound) 30 Meters - 80cm 6-Ring Target
- Cadet: Archers are eligible to shoot in the Cadet Division through the calendar year of their 17th birthday
- Cadet (Recurve) 60 Meters - 122cm Full Target
- Cadet (Compound) 50 Meters - 80cm 6-Ring Target
- Junior: Archers are eligible to shoot in the Junior Division through the calendar year of their 20th birthday
- Junior (Recurve) 70 Meters - 122cm Full Target
- Junior (Compound) 50 Meters - 80cm 6-Ring Target
- Senior: Archers are eligible to shoot in the Senior Division if they will be turning 21 years old in the current calendar year.
- Senior (Recurve) 70 Meters - 122cm Full Target
- Senior (Compound) 50 Meters - 80cm 6-Ring Target
- Senior (Barebow) 50 Meters - 80cm 6-Ring Target
- 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM: Check-IN and Equipment Inspection
- Six Ends - All Divisions
- Lunch Break
- Six Ends - All Divisions
- Award Ceremony
The tournament will be a Single Distance Outdoor Tournament.
A single Round (72 arrows).
Please Note: An award ceremony will be held after the conclusion of the Tournament
National Archery Association rules apply. The Nutmeg State Games staff reserves the right to combine equipment classes if there is not sufficient representation in each class. Competitor’s age is determined by their age on December 31st, 2020!
Athlete Code of Conduct
- No alcoholic beverages or illegal substances are permitted in the possession of athletes.
- Behavior on and off the competition field by any person’s associated with the "Games" must follow the highest standards.
- Use of foul or abusive language constitutes a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- All athletes must respect the decisions of the officials and umpires during and after competitions. Any harassment will constitute a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- Unruly behavior by spectators towards players, coaches, volunteers, and/or officials will not be tolerated. Such behavior may result in the dismissal of the offending spectator from the competition site.
- Any participant’s behavior deemed in violation of the Code of Conduct, as decided by the Nutmeg State Games administrative staff, subjects the competitor to expulsion from the "Games".
Registration is Now Open!
Events are open to all Connecticut amateur athletes who register with the Nutmeg State Games Office. The Nutmeg State Games reserves the right to cut the competition in the event of over subscription.
- Note: Out of state residents are welcome to compete but must compete in a guest category.
You have the option to either Register ONLINE or by HARDCOPY - You do not have to do both!
To be considered for competition of the Nutmeg State Games an Individual Sport Participant must submit the following:
Individual Sport Athlete Entry Form
One check covering appropriate Individual Sport Fee
Proof of age (a COPY of one of the following: Driver’s license, Birth Certificate or Passport).
Proof of Age is required for the following Individual Sports: Archery, Golf, Gymnastics, Swimming, Track & Field and Wrestling
The Nutmeg State Games Administration will notify a participant of his or her status by a confirmation email once the Registration goes through. Participants will be selected on a first come, first served basis. Participants not selected because of receipt after the registration deadline or other specified date (please see appropriate sport for registration deadline dates) will receive a full refund as soon as verification is possible.
The Nutmeg State Games administration works closely with all Connecticut media outlets regarding any interesting stories about athletes and teams that will be participating in the "Games". If you have an interesting story to tell, we are all ears!
Human interests stories typically address situations "off-the-court". Do you volunteer in the community? Are you great at something other than the sport you are playing? Are you following in the steps of a a sibling or parent? Of course, if you are doing something great on the court please provide us with all the details.
If you, your team or someone you know fits any of these questions, please pass along this information or feel free to contact our office, and we would be happy to coordinate coverage on their behalf. - Please send all info to firstname.lastname@example.org.