2019 ShopRite Nutmeg State Games Criterium
Join us this summer for the 31st Annual ShopRite Nutmeg State Games Cycling Criterium hosted by the City of New Britain! This is a great opportunity to compete in USA Cycling's Connecticut State Championship Events & a CCAP Series Event.
CT State Championship medals and Podium awarded to: Elite Men (CAT 1-2-3) ~ Elite Women (CAT 1-2-3)~ U23 from Elite categories~ Men’s Masters 45+ & 65+ ~ Women’s 45+ as well as the following age division in the 45+ Men’s & Women’s races: 45-49, 50-54 and 55-59.
This year's ShopRite Nutmeg State Games Criterium will be held on Sat., June 8th at Walnut Hill Park in New Britain. This year's Race Promoter is Laura Summers.
- Pre-Registration Deadline: Thurs., June 6, 2019 at 6:00 PM
Important Event Notes:
- Held under USA Cycling Permit #: 2019-1207
- USA Cycling Race License Required. One-day licenses may be purchased onsite for $10 and are valid for a single day of racing for Category 5 Men and Women only for use in races open to those categories. Annual Race License available at USACycling.org
- Warming Up. It is recommended that riders warm up on trainers or rollers. All roads outside the park are open to traffic and riders assume their own risk when warming up on open roads.
- Online registration at www.bikereg.com. Online surcharges apply.
- Day of registration will be $10 additional. Each additional race $20.Men & Women’s 1-2-3’s as 2nd race: $25.
- Fees will increase $5 after May 23. (except juniors)
- Cash or check only on “day of” entries.
- Entry Fee includes NEBRA Rider Surcharge of $1 and USA Cycling Insurance Surcharge of $4
- All field sizes limited to 125 riders, with following the exception: Cat 5 Men, Cat 4/5 Women, 60+ Masters and all Junior fields have a field limit of 75 riders.
- Online registration closes 6/6/19 at 6 PM. Day of registration closes 30 minutes prior to start of each race.
- Nutmeg State Games Medals and Podium awarded to top 3 Finishers of all listed races as well as 45-49, 50-54 and 55-59 age divisions in the 45+ Men’s & Women’s races
- CT State Championship medals and Podium awarded to: Elite Men (CAT 1-2-3) ~ Elite Women (CAT 1-2-3)~ U23 from Elite categories~ Men’s Masters 45+ & 65+ ~ Women’s 45+as well as the 45-49, 50-54 and 55-59 age division in the 45+ Men’s & Women’s races.
- Professional riders are welcome to compete but are NOT eligible for State Championship medals
- Junior Boys and Girls will ride together and be scored separately
- Women’s cat 4/5 race is part of the Craft Southern New England Women’s Developmental Series
- Masters 60+ men and Masters 45+ women will race at same time (1:15PM) with separate starts and is open to CAT’s 1-5
- Women’s Cat 3 will race for points and a $365 Prize pool. Women’s Pro 1-2-3: will race for CT State Championship Title and $700 prize pool. Riders are eligible to win any prime announced during this race regardless of category. Combined field limit total: 125
- Masters 45+ scheduled for 12:15 PM is open to CAT 1-4 riders only.
- Neutral Support provided by LOOK NRS
- For more information 860-539-6996, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- No alcoholic beverages or illegal substances are permitted in the possession of athletes.
- Behavior on and off the competition field by any person’s associated with the "Games" must follow the highest standards.
- Use of foul or abusive language constitutes a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- All athletes must respect the decisions of the officials and umpires during and after competitions. Any harassment will constitute a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- Unruly behavior by spectators towards players, coaches, volunteers, and/or officials will not be tolerated. Such behavior may result in the dismissal of the offending spectator from the competition site.
- Any participant’s behavior deemed in violation of the Code of Conduct, as decided by the Nutmeg State Games administrative staff, subjects the competitor to expulsion from the "Games".
From I-84 East:
Take merge onto route 72 east. Get off of 72 on exit 7, go south-east onto SR-372 (Corbin Ave). Bear Left (east) onto Hart Street. Bear Left (northeast) onto Vine Street. The park will be on the right.
Take exit 35 to route 72 east and proceed as above. Route 9 North: Take exit 26 and go straight. Turn Left (south) onto Main St. Turn right (west) onto SR-71A (W. Main St.) Turn left (south) onto Vine Street.
Route 9 South:
Take exit 28/28A. Turn right (west) onto E. Main St. Turn right (west) onto SR-71A (W. Main St.). Turn left (south) onto Vine St.
- Parking is not allowed on side streets (especially Vine St) near Walnut Hill Park. Parking is available at New Britain General Hospital.
The Nutmeg State Games administration works closely with all Connecticut media outlets regarding any interesting stories about athletes and teams that will be participating in the "Games". If you have an interesting story to tell, we are all ears!
Human interests stories typically address situations "off-the-court". Do you volunteer in the community? Are you great at something other than the sport you are playing? Are you following in the steps of a a sibling or parent? Of course, if you are doing something great on the court please provide us with all the details.
If you, your team or someone you know fits any of these questions, please pass along this information or feel free to contact our office, and we would be happy to coordinate coverage on their behalf. - Please send all info to email@example.com.