2019 Figure Skating Competition
The Schedule is now posted for the 31st Annual ShopRite Nutmeg State Games Figure Skating Competition hosted by the City of New Britain & Newington Arena!
- The 2019 competition will be held on Saturday, July 13th (only)
- The Nutmeg State Games, Connecticut Skating Academy and the Chief Referee cannot be responsible for skaters schedules with conflicts in multiple events.
- USFS Sanction #28569
- $5.00 for Adults. $3.00 for Children and Senior Citizens
Eligibility: Competitors whose primary residence is not in Connecticut may compete in the Nutmeg State Games Figure Skating competition, provided that they are a member in good standing of a Connecticut based skating club or live in state that does not offer a state games program. Also, any out-of-state figure skater competing in Connecticut’s Nutmeg State Games understands and waives their right to compete in the State Games Figure Skating competition in their primary state of residence or any other State Games Figure Skating competition during the 2019 competitive season. See attached Out of State Competitor’s Wavier.
Test level: Competition level is the highest test passed as of the entry deadline, in the discipline the skater is entering. Entrants may skate one level above that for which they qualify, but they may not skate down in any event.
ENTRIES: Entries will only be available online at www.entryeeze.com. Entry deadline is June 7, 2019. Only fully completed applications will be accepted. Changes to entries after the deadline that were not the fault of Connecticut Skating Academy or Nutmeg State Games will require a $30.00 fee. Payment of all fees will be required before skater is allowed to participate in practice ice or events. The entry fee for Singles Short Program, Singles Well Balanced Program Free Skate, Test Track Free Skate, Introductory, Compulsory, Showcase, Interpretive, and Adult events is $100.00 for the first event and $30.00 for each of the additional events. All Basic Skills Events are $45.00 for the first event and $25.00 for each additional events. All entries will be charged a 3.0% convenience fee.
REFUND POLICY: Entry fees will not be refunded after June 7, 2019 unless no competition exists or the event is canceled. There will be no refunds for medical withdrawals. The online processing fees are not refundable. Checks returned for non-sufficient funds and contested credit card charges will be assessed a $35.00 fee. An additional fee of $30.00 will be charged for any changes due to incorrect entry choice of event levels after the close of entries. Payment of fees will be required before skater is allowed to participate in practice ice or events. Notification of competition and practice ice times will be available on our website at www.entryeeze.com.
FACILITIES: The competition will be held at Newington Arena, 300 Alumni Rd. Both surfaces are 200’ x 85’ with slightly rounded corners.
Practice Ice will be available Friday evening July 12th and Saturday morning before the competition. Practice ice can be reserved both at the time of registration and after the schedule has been published, but must be purchased on www.entryeeze.com
- Event check-in is 1 hour prior to the event.
- The Official Schedule will be posted on Entryeeze.com ONE week prior to the competition.
- Awards will be presented for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers in each group.
- Placement will be determined by the 6.0 system
- All music must be uploaded online at www.entryeeze.com. This is the only acceptable method of music entries for this competition. A CD backup will be allowed if there is a technical issue with the digital upload. Please click here for music upload instructions.
- Music Submission Deadline: Fri., June 21st
- Penalty for Not Uploading Music: $20.00
Athlete Code of Conduct
- No alcoholic beverages or illegal substances are permitted in the possession of athletes.
- Behavior on and off the competition field by any person’s associated with the "Games" must follow the highest standards.
- Use of foul or abusive language constitutes a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- All athletes must respect the decisions of the officials and umpires during and after competitions. Any harassment will constitute a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- Unruly behavior by spectators towards players, coaches, volunteers, and/or officials will not be tolerated. Such behavior may result in the dismissal of the offending spectator from the competition site.
- Any participant’s behavior deemed in violation of the Code of Conduct, as decided by the Nutmeg State Games administrative staff, subjects the competitor to expulsion from the "Games".
MUSIC: All music must be uploaded online at www.entryeeze.com. This is the only acceptable method of music entries for this competition. A CD backup will be allowed if there is a technical issue with the digital upload.
- Music Submission Deadline: Fri., June 21st
- Penaly for Not Uploading Music: $20.00
Please click on the Icon below for music upload instructions:
The Nutmeg State Games administration works closely with all Connecticut media outlets regarding any interesting stories about athletes and teams that will be participating in the "Games". If you have an interesting story to tell, we are all ears!
Human interests stories typically address situations "off-the-court". Do you volunteer in the community? Are you great at something other than the sport you are playing? Are you following in the steps of a a sibling or parent? Of course, if you are doing something great on the court please provide us with all the details.
If you, your team or someone you know fits any of these questions, please pass along this information or feel free to contact our office, and we would be happy to coordinate coverage on their behalf. - Please send all info to firstname.lastname@example.org.