2021 Figure Skating Competition
- 2021 Competition Dates:
- Host Club:
- Test level:
- Competition level is the highest test passed as of the entry deadline June 5th, in the discipline the skater is entering. Entrants may skate one level above that for which they qualify, but they may not skate down in any event.
- All music must be uploaded online at www.entryeeze.com. The deadline for the music entries is July 2, 2021. This is the only acceptable method of music entries for this competition. All skaters must have a CD backup. Use of iPhone or other devices may not be compatible with music systems used.
- Practice Ice Schedule:
- The Practice Ice Schedule is available ONLINE through Entryeeze.com. Practice Ice will be available for PURCHASE beginning on July 1st at 5:00pm.
- Competition Format:
- The competition will be held in the Newington Arena on a Standard NHL 2 sheets of Ice.
- All events will be run in accordance to the rules listed in the 2021 US Figure Skating Rulebook.
- Awards will be presented for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers in each group.
- Placement will be determined by the 6.0 system.
- All Medal Winners will qualify for the 2022 State Games of America.
- This year's event will be a Qualifier for the 2022 State Games of America in Iowa.
- $5.00 for all Chaperones
The health and safety of our participants, staff and volunteers is paramount during the ShopRite Nutmeg State Games. The following guidelines were developed by the ShopRite Nutmeg State Games Staff, in consultation with recommendations from the CDC, host facilities, sport governing bodies and the local and state health departments.
Event Protocols (updated policies are in blue)
- The maximum number of Chaperones has been changed from two to unrestricted. Those who bought admission tickets in advance will pick up their bracelets at the ticketing desk. All others: Adults $5 per person, Youth and seniors $3.00, 8 & Under Free.
- Masks are not required for fully vaccinated people.
- All others must wear a mask at all times except for athletes when warming up outside or while Practicing or Competing on the ice.
- All participants must complete U.S. Figure Skating waivers online prior to the event. Instructions on how to do this can be found here
- Anyone that is not feeling well, suffers from chronic or immunocompromised conditions or has experienced any COVID-19 symptoms (coughing, shortness of breath, fever, etc.) within ten days of the event should not attend.
- Anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within fourteen days of the event must produce written clearance to participate from a physician that confirms a COVID-19 negative status.
- Concessions will be available during the event.
- Photographs and video will be available to purchase at the event.
- The event will be live-streamed via LiveBarn as an additional paid service. More information can be found at this link: http://www.newingtonarena.com/Page.asp?n=104377&org=NewingtonArena
- Locker Rooms will NOT be available.
- Off-ice warm-up areas will be provided both indoors and outdoors for skaters.
- Results will be posted at the conclusion of each event inside the facility across from the Red Rink.
- Medals will be given for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers.
- Award ceremonies will be scheduled throughout the day. Awards may also be picked at the awards area at any time during the event if the award participant prefers.
- All music will be uploaded through Entryeeze.com Skaters/coaches must bring a back-up copy of their music in CD format.
- A detailed schedule of the competition will be available at Entryeeze.com: http://comp.entryeeze.com/Home.aspx?cid=312
The Nutmeg State Games will be conducted in accordance with the rules and regulations of the U.S. Figure Skating, as set forth in the current Rulebook as well as any pertinent updates which have been posted of the U.S. Figure Skating web site.
This competition is open to all eligible, restricted, reinstated or a readmitted persons as defined by the Eligibility Rules, and is a currently registered member of a U.S. Figure Skating member club, a collegiate club, Learn to Skate USA or an individual member of U.S. Figure Skating in accordance with the current rulebook. Refer to the current rulebook for non-U.S. Citizens.
The 2021 Nutmeg State Games Figure Skating Championship is a qualifying competition for the 2022 National State Games of America Championships (SGA). Skaters may choose to enter each event at SGA that they qualify for by virtue of placing first, second or third at the Nutmeg State Games competition.
Eligibility: Competitors whose primary residence is not in Connecticut may compete in the Nutmeg State Games Figure Skating competition, provided that they are a member in good standing of a Connecticut based skating club or live in state that does not offer a state games program. Also, any out-of-state figure skater competing in Connecticut’s Nutmeg State Games understands and waives their right to compete in the State Games Figure Skating competition in their primary state of residence or any other State Games Figure Skating competition during the 2021 competitive season. See attached Out of State Competitor’s Wavier.
Test level: Competition level is the highest test passed as of the entry deadline (June 5, 2021), in the discipline the skater is entering. Entrants may skate one level above that for which they qualify, but they may not skate down in any event.
ENTRIES: Entries will only be available online at www.entryeeze.com. Entry deadline is June 5, 2021. Only fully completed applications will be accepted. Changes to entries after the deadline that were not the fault of Finer Edge FSC or Nutmeg State Games will require a $30.00 fee. Payment of all fees will be required before skater is allowed to participate in practice ice or events.
The entry fee for Singles Short Program, Singles Well Balanced Program Free Skate, Excel Free Skate, Compulsory, Showcase, and Adult events is $100.00 for the first event and $30.00 for each of the additional events. All Basic Skills Events are $45.00 for the first event and $25.00 for each additional events. All entries will be charged a 3.0% convenience fee.
REFUND POLICY: Entry fees will not be refunded after June 5, 2021 unless no competition exists or the event is canceled. There will be no refunds for medical withdrawals. The online processing fees are not refundable. Checks returned for non-sufficient funds and contested credit card charges will be assessed a $35.00 fee. An additional fee of $30.00 will be charged for any changes due to incorrect entry choice of event levels after the close of entries. Payment of fees will be required before skater is allowed to participate in practice ice or events. Notification of competition and practice ice times will be available online at www.entryeeze.com.
FACILITIES: The competition will be held at Newington Arena, 300 Alumni Rd. Both surfaces are 200’ x 85’ with slightly rounded corners.
MUSIC: All music must be uploaded online at www.entryeeze.com. The deadline for the music entries is July 2nd, 2021. This is the only acceptable method of music entries for this competition. All skaters must have a CD backup. Use of iPhone or other devices may not be compatible with music systems used.
LIABILITY: U.S. Figure Skating, Finer Edge FSC, Nutmeg State Games and Newington Arena accept no responsibility for injury or damage sustained by any participant in this competition. This is in accordance with Rule 1600 of the official U.S. Figure Skating Rulebook.
JUDGING SYSTEM: All events will be judged under the 6.0 Majority Judging System. There will not be final rounds for any events
REGISTRATION: Registration will begin April 5, 2021 online at www.entryeeze.com and end on June 5, 2021 at 11:59pm. Upon arriving to the event, a registration desk will be available for participants to check-in. PLEASE REGISTER AT THE DESK PROMPTLY UPON ARRIVAL.
PRACTICE ICE: There will be a warm up immediately prior to your event. Practice ice may be available on the day of the competition based on the final schedule and will be available on a first come first served basis. Practice ice sessions are 20 minutes and the cost is $15.00. Registration for practice ice will be through www.entryeeze.com
SCHEDULE: The schedule of events is determined by the total number of entries and by the number of entries in each event. A schedule of events will be available at www.entryeeze.com approximately two weeks prior to the event.
PHOTOGRAPHY/VIDEOGRAPHY: These services will be provided during the event.
AWARDS: Medals will be presented for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each group. Award ceremonies will be scheduled at various intervals throughout the competition and will be presented off-ice.
COVID-19 POLICY: The Nutmeg State Games and the Newington Arena will be complying with all federal, state, and local regulations and additional public health notices in place at the time of the Nutmeg State Games Figure Skating competition, including recommendations from US Figure Skating. Please visit the Nutmeg State Games website often for updated information and policies.
Furthermore, masks will be required for entry to the Nutmeg State Figure Skating Competition and the Newington Arena. Entrants may also be required to complete a COVID-19 self-certification health questionnaire and voluntary waiver, and agree to have their temperature taken using a contactless infrared thermometer prior to entry.
Skaters, families and coaches are responsible for reviewing and complying with all federal, state and local guidelines pertaining to travel in Connecticut.
The Local Organizing Committee (LOC) will evaluate entries and current health recommendation prior to the event. If the event is cancelled due to compliance with COVID-19 related federal, state and local regulations, a full refund of competition fees will be issued to all participants. Processing fees will not be refunded under any circumstance.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR ALL COACHES:
To be a credentialed coach at a sanctioned nonqualifying competition, coaches must meet the following requirements:
Coaching U.S. Figure Skating athletes:
- Current member in good standing with U.S. Figure Skating
- Completed background check (green light status)
- Completed SafeSport Training*
- Continuing Education Requirements (CERs) for the 2020-21 Competition Season
- Proof of current general liability insurance with limits of $1 million per occurrence/$5 million aggregate.
Coaching Compete USA athletes:
- Learn to Skate USA Instructor membership OR U.S. Figure Skating full membership
- Completed SafeSport Training* (for coaches 18 years old and over)
- Completed background check (green light status) (for coaches 18 years old and over)
- Learn to Skate USA Instructor Certification completed (for coaches under 18 years old)
*SafeSport training is available through www.usfsaonline.org for full members of U.S. Figure Skating (through Learn to Skate USA portal for instructors). There is no cost to this training and certification is valid for 2 seasons
The Local Organizing Committee (LOC) will have a list of compliant coaches who are approved to receive a credential at the competition. Coaches will need to check in at the event registration desk and show a government issued photo I.D. to receive a credential.
If a coach cannot provide a photo I.D. and is not on the list or cannot produce the necessary documents, he or she will not be allowed a credential. There can be no exceptions to this policy.
If a foreign coach has only foreign athletes at your competition, a background check and SafeSport Training is not required. Instead, the coach must submit a letter from their Federation stating they are a member in good standing.
For more information regarding Coach Compliance, please visit:
CONTACT INFO: If you have questions, please contact Finer Edge FSC at Fineredgefsc@hotmail.com
Cinematic Images is the official Event Photographer & Videographer for the 2021 Nutmeg State Games Figure Skating Competition. When you register online thru Entryeeze you will be able to purchase their services when you pay for your entry fee to participate. You will need to pay for this service by the registration deadline to receive the rates listed below. Please note: if you are participating in multiple events, you will receive photos for all the events you are registered in for the prices listed below:
- Photo Only: $65.00
- Video Only: $65.00
- Photo & Video: $100.00
*** Purchases of photo or video at the event will be $65 for photos and $65.00 for video. There will be no discount for the package of both.
About Cinematic Images:
Located in Berlin, Connecticut, Cinematic Images has been providing Event Photography and Videography throughout the Northeast for over 30 years. In addition to Sports, Cinematic Images also specializes in Super Creative High School Senior Portraits, Theater, Family portraits, Dance, Mitzvahs and Weddings.
The Nutmeg State Games administration works closely with all Connecticut media outlets regarding any interesting stories about athletes and teams that will be participating in the "Games". If you have an interesting story to tell, we are all ears!
Human interests stories typically address situations "off-the-court". Do you volunteer in the community? Are you great at something other than the sport you are playing? Are you following in the steps of a a sibling or parent? Of course, if you are doing something great on the court please provide us with all the details.
If you, your team or someone you know fits any of these questions, please pass along this information or feel free to contact our office, and we would be happy to coordinate coverage on their behalf. - Please send all info to email@example.com.