2021 Pickleball Tournament
Presenting Sponsor of the Pickleball Tournament
Tournament Location: The Tennis and Fitness Center of Rocky Hill
- Skill Level / Age Group Tournament
- Qualifier for the 2022 State Games of America
- Online Registration will be available on PickleballBrackets.com
- Fri., July 30th: Women's Doubles, Men's Singles & Men's Skinny Singles
- Sat., July 31st: Mixed Doubles
- Sun., August 1st: Men's Doubles, Women's Singles & Women's Skinny Singles
- Anyone who was registered for the 2020 Nutmeg State Games and did not withdraw, has been automatically entered into the 2021 tournament.
- Partner updates for existing players who had a partner withdraw will OPEN on April 5th
- Existing players will have a two week window (April 5th thru April 16th) for their partner to register.
- Existing players will receive an email with instructions on how to get their partner registered.
- Registration Deadline: July 18, 2021
The Nutmeg State Games Administration will be taking Extra Safety Measures to keep our participants safe and help curb the spread of the Coronavirus. We are in the process of updating our safety guidelines and will have them posted online shortly. If you have any questions please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021 Nutmeg State Games Skill Level/Age Group Pickleball Tournament
- Anyone who was registered for the 2020 Nutmeg State Games and did not withdraw, has been automatically rolled over to 2021. Registration for new players will open on April 19, 2021
- This is a qualifying event for the 2022 State Games of America pickleball tournament. The 2022 tournament will be held in Ames, Iowa at Iowa State University from July 27th through August 1st. The top three finishers in each event will qualify. Players who qualify in one event are eligible to play in all three events at the State Games of America. Note: Skinny Singles is not a State Games of America qualifying event.
- Registration is open to players of all ages.
- Registration is by skill level. Skill levels will by split by age after registration closes. Age groups will be determined by the number of registrations.
- Skill levels are 3.0 and under, 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5+
- A team must play at the skill level of the higher rated player and the age of the younger player.
- Ratings will be verified.
- Players with calculated PickleballBrackets.com ratings must use that rating.
- USAPA members who do not have a PickleballBrackets.com rating, must use their UTPR rating.
- All other players may self rate. Please seek the advice of an experienced fellow player when self rating.
- The tournament director reserves the right to move players and teams to appropriate skill levels.
- Groups may be combined or split at the discretion of the tournament director.
- Women's Doubles, Men's Singles and Men's Skinny Singles will be held on Friday, July 30th
- Mixed Doubles will be held on Saturday, July 31st
- Men's Doubles, Women's Singles and Women's Skinny Singles will be held on Sunday, August 1st.
- Each day will begin at 8:00 AM. Specific start times for events will be emailed and texted to players approximately one week prior to the tournament.
- The tournament format is round robin for all events. Events with a large number of teams may be split into two round robin pools followed by a playoff for the top teams in each pool.
- The tournament reserves the right to modify the bracket format and number of rounds to comply with the guaranteed number of games per event.
- The registration fee is $55 for one event and $10 for each additional event.
- No refunds for withdrawals from an event or for failure to secure a partner.
- Refunds minus a $10 processing fee for withdrawals from the tournament up until registration is closed either due to reaching tournament capacity or the registration deadline date of July 18, 2021, whichever comes first.
- Refunds approved after an early registration close and the originally posted registration deadline of July 18, 2021 will be issued after the conclusion of the tournament.
- No refunds for withdrawals from the tournament after July 18, 2021
Athlete Code of Conduct
- No alcoholic beverages or illegal substances are permitted in the possession of athletes.
- Behavior on and off the competition field by any person’s associated with the "Games" must follow the highest standards.
- Use of foul or abusive language constitutes a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- All athletes must respect the decisions of the officials and umpires during and after competitions. Any harassment will constitute a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- Unruly behavior by spectators towards players, coaches, volunteers, and/or officials will not be tolerated. Such behavior may result in the dismissal of the offending spectator from the competition site.
- Any participant’s behavior deemed in violation of the Code of Conduct, as decided by the Nutmeg State Games administrative staff, subjects the competitor to expulsion from the "Games".
Registration is online through PickleballBrackets.com website only.
- No refunds for withdrawals from an event or for failure to secure a partner.
- Refunds minus a $10 processing fee for withdrawals from the tournament up until registration is closed either due to reaching tournament capacity or the registration deadline date, whichever comes first.
- Refunds will be issued after the conclusion of the tournament.
- No refunds for withdrawals from the tournament after registration closes.
In 2021 the CT Sports Management Group, Inc. will be running three separate Pickleball Tournaments: the CT Masters' Games, Nutmeg State Games and Nutmeg Fall Classic. We will attract over 1,200 participants plus family members, friends, spectators and the media to the three tournament. We expect players from all over the Northeast Region and other states to attend. The increase in popularity and the growth of Pickleball throughout the USA creates a tremendous opportunity for your company to showcase its products.
- CT Masters' Games
- May 14-16 & May 21-23
- The Tennis & Fitness Center of Rocky Hill.
- Attendance Approximation: 400+ Participants. Qualifier for the 2022 National Senior Games
- Webpage: http://ctmastersgames.org/individual-sports/pickleball/
- Nutmeg State Games
- July 30, 31 & August 1
- The Tennis & Fitness Center of Rocky Hill
- Attendance Approximation: 400+ Participants. Qualifier for the 2022 State Games of America.
- Webpage: http://nutmegstategames.org/individual-sports/pickleball/
- Nutmeg Fall Classic
- October 23 & 24
- Lyme Shores Tennis & Fitness Center
- Attendance Approximation: 350+ Participants.
- Webpage: https://csmg.org/our-events/nutmeg-fall-classic-pickleball
How Your Support is Mutually Beneficial:
MORE THAN JUST A GAME: Personal Development, Sportsmanship, Physical Fitness, Teamwork, Volunteerism.
Your sponsorship support will ensure that we provide our participants with a tremendous experience that will leave lasting memories, increase the opportunities and growth of Pickleball, while educating attendees about your company through pertinent email marketing campaigns, web based ads and onsite engagement. Your organization has the opportunity to gain substantial visibility by becoming a part of our "Family of Sponsors".
The Nutmeg State Games administration works closely with all Connecticut media outlets regarding any interesting stories about athletes and teams that will be participating in the "Games". If you have an interesting story to tell, we are all ears!
Human interests stories typically address situations "off-the-court". Do you volunteer in the community? Are you great at something other than the sport you are playing? Are you following in the steps of a a sibling or parent? Of course, if you are doing something great on the court please provide us with all the details.
If you, your team or someone you know fits any of these questions, please pass along this information or feel free to contact our office, and we would be happy to coordinate coverage on their behalf. - Please send all info to Nutmeg@csmg.org.