2020 Pickleball Tournament
We are proud to announce that the ShopRite Nutmeg State Games will be offering its 3rd Annual Pickleball Tournament this June 26th - 28th at the Rocky Hill Tennis & Fitness Center. The Pickleball Tournament will be Directed by Janice Pauly. The Nutmeg State Games is a Skill Level / Age Group Tournament. Registration will open on 2/17/20 on the PickleballBrackets.com website.
Schedule of Play:
- Friday, June 26th - Womens Doubles, Mens Singles, Men's Skinny Singles
- Saturday, June 27th - Mixed Doubles
- Sunday, June 28th - Mens Doubles, Womens Singles, Women's Skinny Singles
- Please plan to arrive at least 45 minutes before your start time.
- All start times are estimates except for the first round of play each day.
- If courts and all players are available, games may begin before the estimated start times.
The Connecticut Sports Management Group presents the Nutmeg State Games Skill Level/Age Group Pickleball Tournament.
This is a qualifying event for 2021 State Games of America.
Skill levels are 3.0 and under, 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5+.
******** SIGN UP BY SKILL LEVEL ********
- Skill level groups will be split by age group to create competition events.
- A team must play at the skill level of the higher rated player and the age of the younger player.
- Groups may be combined at the discretion of the tournament director. Medals will be awarded by the competitive event.
- The tournament format is round robin for events with a small number of teams. For larger events, teams will be divided into pools and the top teams in each pool will advance to a playoff round to determine medal winners.
The tournament is limited to 450 players. Registration will automatically close when that number is reached. Register early and encourage your partner to register early to guarantee your spot.
- Women's Doubles and Men's Singles, Men's Skinny Singles will be held on Friday, June 26th
- Mixed Doubles will be held on Saturday, June 27th
- Men's Doubles and Women's Singles, Women's Skinny Singles will be held on Sunday, June 28th
Tournament results will be sent to the USAPA for inclusion in USAPA Tournament Player Ratings.
General Information for Players
- NO NEON (Yellow or Green) clothing will be permitted during the Pickleball Tournament.
- Sign in for each day of the pickleball tournament in the lobby at the tournament desk.
- Plan to arrive at least 45 minutes before your scheduled start time. All start times are estimates except for the first round of play each day. If courts and all players are available, games may begin before the estimated start times.
- Volunteers. We will need volunteer referees for the medal round games for all championship events and for any other games where players request a referee.
- Locker rooms will be available for changing.
Athlete Code of Conduct
- No alcoholic beverages or illegal substances are permitted in the possession of athletes.
- Behavior on and off the competition field by any person’s associated with the "Games" must follow the highest standards.
- Use of foul or abusive language constitutes a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- All athletes must respect the decisions of the officials and umpires during and after competitions. Any harassment will constitute a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- Unruly behavior by spectators towards players, coaches, volunteers, and/or officials will not be tolerated. Such behavior may result in the dismissal of the offending spectator from the competition site.
- Any participant’s behavior deemed in violation of the Code of Conduct, as decided by the Nutmeg State Games administrative staff, subjects the competitor to expulsion from the "Games".
Registration is online through PickleballBrackets.com website only.
- Registration opens on 2/17/20 for the 2020 "Games".
- For a guaranteed spot in the tournament in doubles and mixed doubles, the second partner will have three days to register after the first partner signs up. If the second partner does not register within that time limit, the team will be moved to the waiting list. Once the second partner registers, the team will be moved back into the event if there are still openings available.
- The tournament is limited to 450 players. Registration will automatically close when that number is reached. Register early and encourage your partner to register early to guarantee your spot.
- No refunds for withdrawals from an event.
- Refunds minus a $10 processing fee for withdrawals from the tournament up through June 12th, 2020.
- No refunds for withdrawals from the tournament after June 12th, 2020
In 2020 the CT Sports Management Group, Inc. will be running three separate Pickleball Tournaments: the CT Masters' Games, Nutmeg State Games and Nutmeg Fall Classic. We will attract over 1,200 participants plus family members, friends, spectators and the media to the three tournament. We expect players from all over the Northeast Region and other states to attend. The increase in popularity and the growth of Pickleball throughout the USA creates a tremendous opportunity for your company to showcase its products.
- CT Masters' Games
- May 15th - 17th.
- The Tennis & Fitness Center of Rocky Hill.
- Attendance Approximation: 450+ Participants. Qualifier for the 2021 National Senior Games
- Webpage: http://ctmastersgames.org/individual-sports/pickleball/
- Nutmeg State Games
- June 26th - 28th
- The Tennis & Fitness Center of Rocky Hill
- Attendance Approximation: 400+ Participants. Qualifier for the 2021 State Games of America.
- Webpage: http://nutmegstategames.org/individual-sports/pickleball/
- Nutmeg Fall Classic
- October 3rd & 4th
- Lyme Shores Tennis & Fitness Center
- Attendance Approximation: 350+ Participants.
- Webpage: https://csmg.org/our-events/nutmeg-fall-classic-pickleball
How Your Support is Mutually Beneficial:
MORE THAN JUST A GAME: Personal Development, Sportsmanship, Physical Fitness, Teamwork, Volunteerism.
Your sponsorship support will ensure that we provide our participants with a tremendous experience that will leave lasting memories, increase the opportunities and growth of Pickleball, while educating attendees about your company through pertinent email marketing campaigns, web based ads and onsite engagement. Your organization has the opportunity to gain substantial visibility by becoming a part of our "Family of Sponsors".
The Nutmeg State Games administration works closely with all Connecticut media outlets regarding any interesting stories about athletes and teams that will be participating in the "Games". If you have an interesting story to tell, we are all ears!
Human interests stories typically address situations "off-the-court". Do you volunteer in the community? Are you great at something other than the sport you are playing? Are you following in the steps of a a sibling or parent? Of course, if you are doing something great on the court please provide us with all the details.
If you, your team or someone you know fits any of these questions, please pass along this information or feel free to contact our office, and we would be happy to coordinate coverage on their behalf. - Please send all info to Nutmeg@csmg.org.