- Email: Nutmeg@CSMG.org
- Address: 975 Middle Street, Unit G. Middletown, CT 06457
- Phone: (860) 788 7041
- Fax: (860) 894 2654
The Nutmeg State Games is a 501(c) (3) organization dedicated to providing a forum that initiates and encourages camaraderie between different ages, socioeconomic and cultural groups through athletic competition and the Olympic spirit. The event assists in the development of physical fitness and a healthy lifestyle in its participants and promotes positive healthy activities for the participants, their families and the communities where they live.
The Nutmeg State Games is the largest amateur multi-sport sporting event in Connecticut. Now celebrating it’s 31st Anniversary of uniting Connecticut’s residents in the common bond of amateur sport and Olympic spirit. This year, 7,500+ athletes ages 6 to 18 will compete in twenty-two different sport offerings. The “Games” represent an outstanding opportunity for local and national businesses to help support “Good Kids Making Good Choices!” We welcome your participation as a sponsor and partner to help perpetuate this most unique statewide event.
To recognize and reward Connecticut residents, of all ages, who have chosen to participate in healthy, wholesome activities that reflect positively on them, their families and respective communities.
To promote and reinforce the Olympic spirit of Competition that values sportsmanship, effort and achievement.
To motivate personal development in physical fitness and health through attainable goals.
To provide a forum that initiates and encourages camaraderie between different ages, socioeconomic and cultural groups through athletic competition and fair play.
- The Nutmeg State Games cooperates with the United States Olympic Committee, Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference and National Collegiate Athletic Association. All athletes must abide by the rules of their association, which may include restrictions on the number of athletes from the same school, or team that enter the Nutmeg State Games. All athletes should realize that each is responsible to make certain he/she is not in violation of existing rules and regulations. Athletes who are Connecticut residents are eligible to compete. In addition, those who are full-time students in Connecticut or athletes who are in the military and stationed in Connecticut are eligible. All athletes must be amateurs as defined by the Nutmeg State Games and/or a National Governing Body rules for their particular sport.
- Participation in the Nutmeg State Games as a player, coach, or spectator is a privilege to be attained by meeting the accepted standards of good sportsmanship and appropriate conduct. Use of performance-enhancing drugs by athletes is strictly prohibited. The Nutmeg State Games Local Organizing Committee, upon recommendation of the Executive Staff, reserves the right to disqualify any player, coach, or spectator from further participation in the Nutmeg State Games for inappropriate conduct including, but not limited to, the following:
Unsportsmanlike or disorderly behavior.
Improper use of alcohol and/or drugs.
Destruction of property.
False representation of age, residency, or eligibility.
Athletes and coaches are responsible for knowing, understanding, and following the rules, policies, and code of conduct for their sport. Any player or coach who is ejected from a contest shall, as minimum penalty, be ineligible to participate or attend the next contest for that team. Violent acts shall result in charges being brought against the individual(s). A substantiated complaint by a Games athlete, coach, volunteer or official must be addressed to the Coordinator of that particular sport. The decision of the Coordinator is final.
- Athletes will be able to pick-up their souvenir t-shirts at their sport competition site the first day of the competition. Teams will wear their OWN uniforms for the duration of the competition.
- It is expressly understood The Nutmeg State Games does not insure against, and accepts no responsibility for, personal injury, property loss or damage to the participant which might be sustained by the participant as a result of his or her participation. Each participant must be covered by his/her personal medical insurance.
- In the Olympic tradition, gold, silver, and bronze medals will be awarded to the top three finishers in each event at the finals.
All across the nation in State Games from Maine to California, amateur athletes of all ages and skill levels compete to bring home the gold. Every year, a few rise to the top, excelling in their events, overcoming great hardships, displaying tremendous sportsmanship, athleticism and determination. Each state has the opportunity to honor a male and female stand-out athlete with the distinction of Athlete of the Year.
The Nutmeg State Games Athlete of the Year Committee will receive Athlete of the Year Nominations from Coaches and Parent. After the Nutmeg State Games have ended and all nominations have been submitted, the Athlete of the Year Committee will determine aAthlete of the Year.
Please provide us with as much information as possible about the nominee. Please send to the following address:
Nutmeg State Games
Attn: Athlete of the Year Committee
975 Middle Streeet, Unit G
Middletown, CT 06457
- There will be NO refunds of entry fees:
- NO refunds will be permitted simply because an entrant fails to participate.
- NO refunds will be given due to cancellation because of inclement weather. We will make every effort to reschedule events due to inclement weather
- Exceptions to the Refund Policy:
- Entries received after entry deadline
- Entries received after maximum number of teams is bracketed or if there are not enough teams or individuals to form a division
- Nutmeg State Games Administration reserves the right to cancel a division due to a lack of entries.
- Due to the fact that all competition brackets are ROUND ROBIN formats, a team may not intentionally forfeit a contest; even though the game may have no consequence on the seeding of the tournament at the conclusion of round robin play. Any team intentionally forfeiting a contest will be disqualified from further competition and the remaining teams will be re-seeded.
- Sports using outdoor sites are weather dependent. Competitions will be conducted unless Nutmeg State Games officials determine weather conditions to be potentially dangerous or life threatening, or if the playing fields would incur significant damage. NO refunds due to weather. For information on game cancellations please go to www.nutmegstategames.org.