2021 Nutmeg State Games Criterium
Velocity Results will be providing Live Event Results for the June 5th event.
Live Results will be posted online after the completion of each event at: https://velocityresults.com/results/2021/6/5/shoprite-nutmeg-state-games-criterium
- USA Cycling - CT State Championships:
- Men’s and Women’s Elite (CAT 1-2-3)
- Men’s and Women’s U23 Elite (CAT 1-2-3)
- Men’s Masters 45+ Race: 45-49, 50-54 and 55-59
- Men’s Masters 60+ Race: 60-64, 65-69, 70+
- Women’s 45+ Race: 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
The CT Sports Management Group, Inc. welcomes you to the 2021 ShopRite Nutmeg State Games Criterium. The Criterium will take place on Saturday, June 5th at Walnut Hill Park.
This event will be complying with all local regulations and any additional public health notices in place at the time of the event, including recommendations from USA Cycling.
Below is our health and safety plan for the event with specific instructions for athletes, officials and spectators.
- VIP - All participants will need to complete a COVID Waiver to be eligible to participate in the Nutmeg State Games. If you did not complete this waiver through BikeReg.com one will be provided for you.
- It is recommended that athletes wear a face coverings when not competing.
- Spectators are requested to bring their own chairs and maintain social distancing.
- Social distancing of at least six feet must be maintained at all times. No hugging, shaking hands, or fist bumps for support/encouragement.
- Anyone that is not feeling well, suffers from chronic or immunocompromised conditions or has experienced any COVID-19 symptoms (coughing, shortness of breath, fever, etc.) in the past ten days should not attend the event.
- While Covid restrictions are being relaxed throughout the state, we as that athletes be respectful to those around them who are not comfortable with the relaxed restrictions.
- Anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the last fourteen days must produce written clearance to participate from a physician that confirms a COVID-19 negative status.
- Velocity Results will be providing Live Event Results for the June 5th event.
- Live Results will be posted online after the completion of each race at: https://velocityresults.com/results/2021/6/5/shoprite-nutmeg-state-games-criterium
- Results will also be emailed to all riders (pre-registered) through BikeReg after the completion of each Race.
- Awards will be done using social distancing with podiums and staff will not drape the medal around the athletes’ neck.
- No water will be provided, athletes must bring their own.
We look forward to a fun and safe event!
Online Registration is OPEN:
Important Event Notes:
- Held under USA Cycling Permit #: 3356
- USA Cycling Race License Required. One-day licenses may be purchased onsite for $10 and are valid for a single day of racing for Category 5 (novice) Men and Women only for use in races open to those categories. Annual Race License available at USACycling.org.
- Warming Up. It is recommended that riders warm up on trainers or rollers. All roads outside the park are open to traffic and riders assume their own risk when warming up on open roads.
- Online registration at www.bikereg.com. Online surcharges apply.
- Day of registration will be $10 additional. Each additional race $20.Men & Women’s 1-2-3’s as 2nd race: $25.
- Fees will increase $5 after May 23. (except juniors)
- Cash or check only on “day of” entries.
- Entry Fee includes NEBRA Rider Surcharge of $1 and USA Cycling Insurance Surcharge of $4.75
- All field sizes limited to 125 riders, with following the exception: Cat 5 (Novice) Men, Cat 4/5 (Novice) Women, 60+ Masters and all Junior fields have a field limit of 75 riders.
- Online registration closes 6/3/21 at 6 PM. Day of registration closes 30 minutes prior to start of each race.
- No refunds will be granted after May 20th.
- Nutmeg State Games Medals and Podium awarded to top 3 Finishers of all listed races as well as 45-49, 50-54 and 55-59 age divisions in the 45+ Men’s & Women’s races
- CT State Championship medals and Podium awarded to: Elite Men (CAT 1-2-3) ~ Elite Women (CAT 1-2-3)~ U23 from Elite categories~ Men’s Masters 45+ & 65+ ~ Women’s 45+ as well as the 45-49, 50-54 and 55-59 age division in the 45+ Men’s & Women’s races.
- Professional riders are welcome to compete but are NOT eligible for State Championship medals
- Junior Boys and Girls will ride together and be scored separately.
- Women’s Cat 4/5 race is part of the Southern New England Women’s Developmental Series
- Masters 60+ men and Masters 45+ women will race at same time (1:15PM) with separate starts and is open to CAT’s 1-5
- Women’s Cat 3 will race for points and a $365 Prize pool. Women’s Pro 1-2-3: will race for CT State Championship Title and $700 prize pool. Riders are eligible to win any prime announced during this race regardless of category. Combined field limit total: 125
- Masters 45+ scheduled for 12:15 PM is open to CAT 1-4 riders only.
- For more information 860-539-6996, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Neutral Support provided by Look NRS
From I-84 East:
- Take merge onto route 72 east. Get off of 72 on exit 7, go south-east onto SR-372 (Corbin Ave). Bear Left (east) onto Hart Street. Bear Left (northeast) onto Vine Street. The park will be on the right.
- Take exit 35 to route 72 east and proceed as above. Route 9 North: Take exit 26 and go straight. Turn Left (south) onto Main St. Turn right (west) onto SR-71A (W. Main St.) Turn left (south) onto Vine Street.
Route 9 South:
- Take exit 28/28A. Turn right (west) onto E. Main St. Turn right (west) onto SR-71A (W. Main St.). Turn left (south) onto Vine St.
- Parking is not allowed on side streets (especially Vine St) near Walnut Hill Park. Parking is available at New Britain General Hospital.
The Nutmeg State Games administration works closely with all Connecticut media outlets regarding any interesting stories about athletes and teams that will be participating in the "Games". If you have an interesting story to tell, we are all ears!
Human interests stories typically address situations "off-the-court". Do you volunteer in the community? Are you great at something other than the sport you are playing? Are you following in the steps of a a sibling or parent? Of course, if you are doing something great on the court please provide us with all the details.
If you, your team or someone you know fits any of these questions, please pass along this information or feel free to contact our office, and we would be happy to coordinate coverage on their behalf. - Please send all info to email@example.com.