2017 Masters Swim Meet
The 2017 ShopRite Nutmeg State Games Masters Swim Meet will be sanctioned by United States Masters Swimming and hosted by Central Connecticut State University. The meet will be held Saturday, August 5th and Coordinated by Ally Sega. The exact location will be the Jack Suydam Natatorium in Kaiser Hall at Central Connecticut State University.
- Out of State Participants are Welcome to compete!
- ALL participants must be a U.S. Masters Swimming member in order to compete in the swim meet.
- Please click here to purchase your US Masters Swimming annual membership or a one event registration form.
- Swimmers WILL NOT be allowed to participate without a US Masters Swimming membership.
- Central CT State University Campus Map
- Please Note:
- We do NOT have control of the pool or air temperature.
- Positive Check-In is REQUIRED for all Events!
- One lane will be open during the meet for warm ups. First feet entry only.
- Pool will be closed during medal presentations. Pool will be open for 5 minutes after each medal presentation.
- No alcoholic beverages or illegal substances are permitted in the possession of athletes.
- Behavior on and off the competition field by any person’s associated with the "Games" must follow the highest standards.
- Use of foul or abusive language constitutes a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- All athletes must respect the decisions of the officials and umpires during and after competitions. Any harassment will constitute a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- Unruly behavior by spectators towards players, coaches, volunteers, and/or officials will not be tolerated. Such behavior may result in the dismissal of the offending spectator from the competition site.
- Any participant’s behavior deemed in violation of the Code of Conduct, as decided by the Nutmeg State Games administrative staff, subjects the competitor to expulsion from the "Games".
- Doors Open: 8:45 AM
- Warm-ups: 9:00 AM – 9:50 AM
- Starting Time: 10:00 AM (all events will be timed finals)
- Age Divisions:
- 18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79,80-84, 85-89, 90+
- Age Division will be determined as of 12/31/16
- Events Offered
- Backstroke: 50, 100, 200
- Breast: 50, 100, 200
- Butterfly: 50, 100, 200
- Freestyle: 50, 100, 200, 500
- Individual Medley: 100, 200
- 400 Individual Medley
- 100 Freestyle
- 50 Fly
- 100 Breaststroke
- 200 Freestyle
- 50 Backstroke
- 200 Individual Medley
- 200 Breaststroke
- 500 Freestyle
- 50 Breaststroke
- 100 Fly
- 200 Backstroke
- 50 Freestyle
- 200 Fly
- 100 Back
- 100 Individual Medley
- This meet will be conducted in accordance with United States Masters Swimming Rules.
- The Jack Suydam Natatorium is an six lane regulation pool.
- The Jack Suydam Natatorium pool is equipped with a Colorado Timing System and Touch Pads that will be used along with the Meet Manager Software to conduct the meet.
- All swimming events will be timed finals.
- Warm-up time will be available.
- Swimmers will be allowed to compete in up to FIVE events.
- Awards will be presented for 1st through 3rd place for each event within each age group.
- Events are open to all amateur athletes who register with the Nutmeg State Games Office.
- OUT of State Residents are Welcome to ENTER
- The Nutmeg State Games reserves the right to cut the meet in the event of over subscription.
- This event is recommended for any adult who is participating in swim workouts, practices, or a training program, whether in a group or independently.
Participants entering an individual sport competition or meet are requested to submit an Individual Sport Athlete Registration Form and the Appropriate Individual Sport FEE as soon as possible to enhance their chances of competing in the Nutmeg State Games. In addition to the Individual Sport Registration Form and Individual Sport Fee participants are requested to include PROOF OF AGE for certain sport offerings. Please see the list of Sports below that require submission of proof of age. Proof of age includes a copy (please do not send originals) of one of the following: valid driver’s license, copy of a birth certificate or a copy of a passport.
You have the option to either Register ONLINE or by HARDCOPY - You do not have to do both!
To be considered for competition of the Nutmeg State Games an Individual Sport Participant must submit the following:
- Individual Sport Athlete Entry Form
- One check covering appropriate Individual Sport Fee
- Proof of age (a COPY of one of the following: Driver’s license, Birth Certificate or Passport).
Proof of Age is required for the following Individual Sports: Archery, Golf, Gymnastics, Swimming, Track & Field and Wrestling
The Nutmeg State Games Administration will notify a participant of his or her status by a confirmation email once the Registration goes through. Participants will be selected on a first come, first served basis. Participants not selected because of receipt after the registration deadline or other specified date (please see appropriate sport for registration deadline dates) will receive a full refund as soon as verification is possible.
The Nutmeg State Games administration works closely with all Connecticut media outlets regarding any interesting stories about athletes and teams that will be participating in the "Games". If you have an interesting story to tell, we are all ears!
Human interests stories typically address situations "off-the-court". Do you volunteer in the community? Are you great at something other than the sport you are playing? Are you following in the steps of a a sibling or parent? Of course, if you are doing something great on the court please provide us with all the details.
If you, your team or someone you know fits any of these questions, please pass along this information or feel free to contact our office, and we would be happy to coordinate coverage on their behalf. - Please send all info email@example.com.
The Nutmeg State Games is a Not-For-Profit (C)-3 Corporation and as such is always looking for ways to supplement our funding efforts. We have a discovered a way in which you can help and SAVE YOURSELF SOME MONEY AS WELL. If you click on the image below Coaches, Players and Family Members will find out how the program works and how it can be beneficial to us and you. Save some MONEY on your next magazine order while also supporting our efforts to continue to provide programs for "Good Kids Making Good Choices"........ A winner for Everyone!