2018 Basketball Tournament
The ShopRite Nutmeg State Basketball Tournament will be held from Monday, July 30th through Sunday, August 5th. The Basketball Tournament will be hosted by the City of New Britain.
Game Dates & Times
July 30th - August 3rd - During the week: 4:30 PM - 9:30 PM
August 4th and 5th - Weekend: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- All Teams will receive a minimum guarantee of THREE (3) games in a Round Robin / Pool Play Format.
Boys Tournament Online Registration:
Girls Tournament Online Registration:
Coaches - If you are NOT ready to Register but would like to Reserve your Team's Spot please see the instructions below:
- Please Email Us the following information:
- Team Name, Age Group & Team Gender
- Head Coach Email & Cell Phone
BOYS Age Division Tournaments:
- 10U/11U Boys Division:
- Madison Tigers, I-95 All Stars, CT Northstars, CT RoughRiders,
- 12U Boys Division:
- AFB Freedom, Top Flight, Wethersfield Heat, Madison Tigers, CT Northstars, HoopHaven,
- 13U Boys Division:
- HD, CT Select, Madison Tigers Gold, Madison Tigers Black, CT Stallions, Win the Day,
- 14U Boys Division:
- Valley Basketball Club, Young Life, CT Basketball Club, New Britain, Bridgeport Storm, CT Heat, Vale,
- 9th Grade Boys Division:
- Mobilio's Fitness, Reis Basketball Academy, AFB Freedom, CT Basketball Academics,
- 11th & 10th Grade Boys Division:
- BFA Elite, Reis Basketball Academy, Portland High School, Valley Basketball Club, Rough Riders, CT Heat, Young Life,
GIRLS Age Division Tournaments:
- 5th Grade Girls Division:
- West Hartford Magic, CT Spirit, Savin Rock Ballerz, East Hartford
- 6th Grade Girls Division:
- CT Spirit, CT Northstars, CT Bandits, Savin Rock Ballerz
- 7th Grade Girls Division:
- CT Spirit, CT Heat, Trinity Eagles Basketball Club, CT Rising Sun, Savin Rock Ballerz
- 8th Grade Girls Division:
- CT Spirit, CT Heat, Bolton, CT Trotters, Savin Rock Ballerz, Valley United
- 9th Grade Girls Division:
- Bristol Warriors, CT Heat, CT Northstars
- 10th Grade Girls Division:
- CT Heat, Shoreline Shockers, Connecticut All Stars,
- 11th Grade Girls Division:
- Sam's Panthers (NY), New Britain Hurricanes, Top Flight
Boys Age Divisions
- 10U – An athlete can be no older than 10 on or before August 31, 2018.
- 11U – An athlete can be no older than 11 on or before August 31, 2018.
- 12U – An athlete can be no older than 12 on or before August 31, 2018.
- 13U – An athlete can be no older than 13 on or before August 31, 2018.
- 14U – An athlete can be no older than 14 on or before August 31, 2018.
- 9TH GRADE (15U) – An athlete can be no older than 15 on or before August 31, 2018. Grade Exception: An athlete who is in the 9th Grade as of October 1, 2017 and who is no older than 16 on or before August 31, 2018
- 10TH GRADE (16U) – An athlete can be no older than 16 on or before August 31, 2018. Grade Exception: An athlete who is in the 10th Grade as of October 1, 2017 and who is no older than 17 on or before August 31, 2018
- 11TH GRADE (17U) – An athlete can be no older than 17 on or before August 31, 2018. Grade Exception: An athlete who is in the 11th Grade as of October 1, 2017 and who is no older than 18 on or before August 31, 2018
Girls Age Divisions
- 5th Grade Division: An athlete must be in the 5th grade as of October 1, 2017 and can be no older than 12 on or before August 31, 2018. For an athlete that is in the 6th grade as of October 1, 2017 wanting to play down, they can be no older than 12 on or before August 31, 2018.
- 6th Grade Division: An athlete must be in the 6th grade as of October 1, 2017 and can be no older than 13 on or before August 31, 2018. For an athlete that is in the 7th grade as of October 1, 2017 wanting to play down, they can be no older than 12 on or before August 31, 2018.
- 7th Grade Division: An athlete must be in the 7th grade as of October 1, 2017 and can be no older than 14 on or before August 31, 2018. For an athlete that is in the 8th grade as of October 1, 2017 wanting to play down, they can be no older than 13 on or before August 31, 2018.
- 8th Grade Division: An athlete must be in the 8th grade as of October 1, 2017 and can be no older than 15 on or before August 31, 2018. For an athlete that is in the 9th grade as of October 1, 2017 wanting to play down, they can be no older than 14 on or before August 31, 2018.
- 9th Grade Division: An athlete must be in the 9th grade as of October 1, 2017 and can be no older than 16 on or before August 31, 2018. For an athlete that is in the 10th grade as of October 1, 2017 wanting to play down, they can be no older than 15 on or before August 31, 2018.
- 10th Grade Division: An athlete must be in the 10th grade as of October 1, 2017 and can be no older than 17 on or before August 31, 2018. For an athlete that is in the 11th grade as of October 1, 2017 wanting to play down, they can be no older than 16 on or before August 31, 2018.
- 11th Grade Division: An athlete must be in the 11th grade as of October 1, 2017 and can be no older than 18 on or before August 31, 2018. For an athlete that is in the 12th grade as of October 1, 2017 wanting to play down, they can be no older than 17 on or before August 31, 2018.
- Prior to the first game of the tournament each team will be required to have their roster checked by the site director at that location.
- Roster checks will be done at the same time of equipment checks with the game official present.
- We ask each team to be at their field 15 minutes prior to the schedule start time of their game so that we may get through rosters efficiently without delaying the any games.
- Each team must have each participant playing in the tournament with the proper proof of age available.
- We ask that each team send in their proof of age prior to the start of the tournament. Coaches will need to have a copy of their complete roster and proof of age for all players with them for all games.
- Players that arrive late to the tournament must be checked off by the site director prior to them entering the game.
- If medal round games are a separate day than the first day of play roster checks will be completed prior to a team’s first medal round game.
High School Federation Rules
All coaches are responsible for assuring that all players are properly equipped.
Teams are to provide their own practice & game balls.
Teams will be allowed a maximum of 15 players, two coaches and one scorekeeper for credentials and awards.
An additional team roster and proof of age must be submitted to the scorer's table prior to the start of each game.
Any player or coach ejected from a game may not participate in the team’s next game.
Home and Away teams will be determined each game by a coin toss conducted by the referee or Nutmeg State Games Event Staff.
ALL AGE Divisions: Two twenty minute halves running time. Five minute halftime. Clock will stop last two minutes of each half. Two time outs per half (non-accumulative). Clock will be stopped during timeouts. Two minute overtime period (stop time) and one additional time out per team.
Pressing: Full court pressing is allowed, however, there will be no pressing if a team is 20 points ahead.
All teams will be given a 15 minute grace period beginning at the start time of their scheduled game. At the end of 15 minutes if a team official has not contacted the Nutmeg State Games Administration a forfeit will be declared.
Only the opposing teams coach who is playing the scheduled game can protest a players eligibility. Player eligibility protest must be taken to the scorers table before the start of the game. Documentation/proof must be presented upon request. If the coach cannot provide proper proof of age for their player(s) being protested, then player(s) will not be allowed to participate until proof is provided.
The Tournament Director has the right to alter rules, bylaws and bracket structure as needed.
Two-Team Ties: In the event of a two-way tie in the standings, the following tiebreaker system will be used (in-order) until the tie is broken.
- Head to Head record
- Point Differential (15 Point Maximum)
- Points Allowed
- Points Scored
- Coin Toss
Ties Involving Three or More Teams: In the event of a tie amongst three or more teams, the tie breakting system (above) will be used (in-order) until the highest seeded team is determined. Once the highest seed is determined, the remaining tied teams will RESTART from the BEGINNING of the tie breaking system.
Basketball Score Keeper
All teams are required to provide an official score keeper as part of their roster. We strongly recommend that the score keeper be an adult and must be present at each contest. The home team's (which will be determined by a coin toss before each game) scorekeeper will be the official score keeper for that game with the visiting team also keeping score as a secondary or back up score book. The official score keeper will sit with the administration and volunteers at the scorer’s table or tent during the contest. The score keeper is part of your roster and will be treated as a member of your team.
Due to the fact that all competition brackets are ROUND ROBIN formats, a team may not intentionally forfeit a contest; even though the game may have no consequence on the seeding of the tournament at the conclusion of round robin play. Any team intentionally forfeiting a contest will be disqualified from further competition and the remaining teams will be re-seeded.
Team organizers / managers / coaches are required to submit a Coaches Form, Team Roster, Team Sport Athlete Form (for each player on the roster), proof of age for each player on the roster and the Appropriate TEAM FEE as soon as possible to enhance their chances of competing in the Nutmeg State Games. Proof of age includes a copy (please do not send originals) of one of the following: valid driver’s license, copy of a birth certificate or a copy of a passport.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
To be considered for competition of the Nutmeg State Games a team must submit a Team Entry Packet which includes the following:
A properly completed Team Roster
A properly completed Coaches Form
A properly completed Team Sport Athlete Entry Form for EACH PLAYER ON THE ROSTER
Proof of age (a COPY of one of the following: Driver’s license, Birth Certificate or Passport)
Proof of Age is required for the following Team Sports: Baseball, Basketball, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Roller Hockey & Soccer
ONE CHECK covering the entire team entry for the approiate sport
- Please Note: You will need to know the Team ID# and the Email Address of the Head Coach
|10 & Under||Madison Tigers||Top Flight||Rough Riders|
|12 & Under||New Britain Legacies||Valley Bball Club||CT BSKAcadmics|
|14 & Under||CT Heat||Bridgeport Storm||Farmington Bobcats|
|16 & Under||Rough Riders||New Britain||HoopHaven CT|
|10 & Under||Grand Sachems||Eastern CT Acd.||SKREEN Tek|
|12 & Under||Grand Sachems||TURF Crusaders||AFK Renegades|
|14 & Under||New Britain||VIBE Athletics||Grand Sachems|
|16 & Under||Rough Riders||Hartford City Heat||CT Northstars|
|18 & Under||New Haven All-Stars||Middletown's Finest||CT Defenders|
|12 & Under||New Britain||CT Stallions||Valley Basketball Club|
|14 & Under||New Britain||N. Haven B&G Club||CT Roughriders Black|
|16 & Under||New Haven Hoops||N. Haven B&G Club||New Britain|
|18 & Under||New Haven Hoops||Red Hot||CT Gladiators|
|10 & Under||Grand Sachems||CT Stallions||Northend Rec|
|12 & Under||Grand Sachems||Varsity BSKClub||CT Titans|
|14 & Under||Cardinal Sheehan||N. Haven B&G Club||Roughriders|
|16 & Under||ECE/WeR1||CT Northstars||New Britain|
|18 & Under||Rage||New Britain||Bridgeport Thunder|
|12 & Under||STAR Athletic Club||CT Hoopstars||CT Elite|
|14 & Under||United Sons & Daughters||LNV Boys & Girls Club||STAR Athletic Club|
|16 & Under||STAR Athletic Club||CT Northstars||Douglas Panthers|
|18 & Under||CT Northstars||Bridgeport Thunder||Hartford City Heat|
|12 & Under Boys||Spirit Lake Warriors||CT Rough Riders||Norwich Breakers|
|14 & Under Boys||Spirit Lake Warriors||CT Elite||CT Panthers|
|16 & Under Boys||CT Rough Riders||Valley Basketball Club||Douglas Panthers|
|18 & Under Boys||CT Elite||New Britain||Hartford Heat|
|12 & Under||GHPA Youth||Newington||CT Lightning|
|14 & Under||CT Elite (Bridgeport)||CT Elite (E. Hartford)||VBC|
|16 & Under||GHPA Youth||CT North Stars||McGivney Center|
|18 & Under||Hartford City Heat||Madison||Hartford Knights|
|10 & Under||CT Rush||West Hartford Magic||CT Northstars|
|12 & Under||CT Spirit-White||CT Heat||West Hartford Magic|
|14 & Under||CT Spirit||CT Heat-Black||Breakers West|
|16 & Under||CT Heat||Wilson Grey YMCA||CT Pressue / New Britain|
|10 & Under||CT Spirit||CT Northstars||CT Heat|
|12 & Under||CT Spirit||CT Heat||North Haven Indians|
|14 & Under||CT Heat||CT Northstars||CT Spirit|
|16 & Under||Wilson Grey YMCA||CT Northstars||New England Xplosion|
|12 & Under||CT Spirit||Cardinal Center||CT Spirit|
|14 & Under||CT Thunder||Blue Rebels||CT Heat|
|16 & Under||CT Heat Red||Miracles||CT Heat Black|
|10 & Under||CT Spirit||Madison Heat||Windsor Warriors|
|12 & Under||CT Spirit||CT Bandits||CT Impact|
|14 & Under||CT Spirit||Miracles||Green Light Athletics|
|10 & Under||Windsor Warriors||Marlborough||Madison|
|12 & Under||Wilson Grey YMCA||CT United Queens||Bandits|
|14 & Under||Wilson Grey YMCA||CT Spirit||CT Wave|
|12 & Under Girls||CT Spirit||Starters||CT Elite|
|14 & Under Girls||CT Heat Black||CT Elite A||RHAMM Stars|
|12 & Under||Southwest Warriors||CT Storm||CT Heat|
|14 & Under||CT Spirit||CT Heat||CT Elite Staggers|
|16 & Under||Stamford Express||CT Heat||Ambush|
The Nutmeg State Games administration works closely with all Connecticut media outlets regarding any interesting stories about athletes and teams that will be participating in the "Games". If you have an interesting story to tell, we are all ears!
Human interests stories typically address situations "off-the-court". Do you volunteer in the community? Are you great at something other than the sport you are playing? Are you following in the steps of a a sibling or parent? Of course, if you are doing something great on the court please provide us with all the details.
If you, your team or someone you know fits any of these questions, please pass along this information or feel free to contact our office, and we would be happy to coordinate coverage on their behalf. - Please send all info to email@example.com.
Parisi Speed School (Bristol & Enfield) is the Official Training Partner of the Nutmeg State Games!
With over 75 locations nationwide, the Parisi Speed School is recognized as the country's premiere athletic performance enhancement organization for youth athletics. Using techniques that have produced over 190 NFL draft picks, our specially trained performance coaches deliver a positive training experience that improves speed of movement and strength in character regardless of ability or economic status.
Whether training individual athletes or entire teams, athletes see clear results in performance and self-confidence from our programs. Call us today for more information and a free introductory class.