2018 Nutmeg Holiday Basketball Festival
The 2018 ShopRite Nutmeg State Games Holiday Basketball Festival presented by Liberty Bank will be held on December 27, 28 and 29 at Wesleyan University in Middletown, CT.
Coaches - If you are NOT ready to Register but would like to Reserve your Team's Spot please see the instructions below:
- Please Email Us the following information:
- Team Name, Age Group & Team Gender
- Head Coach Email & Cell Phone
- 4th Grade Boys - 10 & Under:
- 5th Grade Boys - 11 & Under:
- 6th Grade Boys - 12 & Under:
- 7th Grade Boys- 13 & Under:
- 8th Grade Boys - 14 & Under:
- 6th Grade Girls - 12 & Under:
- 7th Grade Girls - 13 & Under:
- 8th Grade Girls - 14 & Under:
- No alcoholic beverages or illegal substances are permitted in the possession of athletes.
- Behavior on and off the competition field by any person’s associated with the "Games" must follow the highest standards.
- Use of foul or abusive language constitutes a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- All athletes must respect the decisions of the officials and umpires during and after competitions. Any harassment will constitute a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- Unruly behavior by spectators towards players, coaches, volunteers, and/or officials will not be tolerated. Such behavior may result in the dismissal of the offending spectator from the competition site.
- Any participant’s behavior deemed in violation of the Code of Conduct, as decided by the Nutmeg State Games administrative staff, subjects the competitor to expulsion from the "Games".
Age Groups Offered (Boys & Girls):
- 4th Grade (10 & Under):
- An athlete must be in the 4th grade as of October 1, 2018 and can be no older than 11 on August 31, 2019. For an athlete that is in the 5th grade as of October 1, 2018 wanting to play down, they can be no older than 10 on August 31, 2019.
- 5th Grade (11 & Under):
- An athlete must be in the 5th grade as of October 1, 2018 and can be no older than 12 on August 31, 2019. For an athlete that is in the 6th grade as of October 1, 2018 wanting to play down, they can be no older than 11 on August 31, 2019.
- 6th Grade (12 & Under):
- An athlete must be in the 6th grade as of October 1, 2018 and can be no older than 13 on August 31, 2019.For an athlete that is in the 7th grade as of October 1, 2018 wanting to play down, they can be no older than 12 on August 31, 2019.
- 7th Grade (13 & Under):
- An athlete must be in the 7th grade as of October 1, 2018 and can be no older than 14 on August 31, 2019. For an athlete that is in the 8th grade as of October 1, 2018 wanting to play down, they can be no older than 13 on August 31, 2019.
- 8th Grade (14 & Under):
- An athlete must be in the 8th grade as of October 1, 2018 and can be no older than 15 on August 31, 2019. For an athlete that is in the 9th grade as of October 1, 2018 wanting to play down, they can be no older than 14 on August 31, 2019.
Each grade division consists of a 24 month age window which determines an athletes’ participation in that division. If an athletes’ age is outside the 24 month window for their grade, the athlete must play up to the grade division that is normal and customary for their age. If an athlete is in any grade above what is normal and customary for their age, an athlete may play down provided they meet the established criteria listed in the above chart.
- All teams are guaranteed a minimum of three (3) games.
- All games will be officiated by certified board officials (IAABO).
- All coaches are responsible for assuring that all players are properly equipped.
- Teams are to provide their own practice & game balls.
- Locker rooms will be NOT be available.
- Teams will be allowed a maximum of 15 players, two coaches and one scorekeeper for credentials and awards.
- Each team needs to provide a score keeper for each game. The home team will keep the official book. The away team will keep the back-up book.
- Team Trophies will be awarded for 1st place teams in each age group. 2nd Place and 3rd Place teams will receive Nutmeg State Games Medals
- Inappropiate behavior will not be tolerated! The tournament director or referee may remove players, coaches or parents from the game or tournament for inappropiate behavior. We are here for the KIDS. We do NOT allow or condone poor sportsmanship.
- Any player or coach ejected from a game may not participate in the team’s next game.
- Home and Away teams will be determined each game by a coin toss conducted by the referee or Nutmeg State Games Event Staff.
- ALL AGE Divisions: Two TWENTY minute halves running time. Five minute halftime. Clock will stop last two minutes of each half and for all Time-Outs. Two time outs per half (non-accumulative). Two minute overtime period (stop time) and one additional time out per team.
- Pressing: Full court pressing is allowed, however, there will be no pressing if a team is 20 points ahead.
- Grace Period:
- All teams will be given a 15 minute grace period beginning at the start time of their scheduled game. At the end of 15 minutes if a team official has not contacted the Tournament Administration a forfeit will be declared.
- Only the opposing teams coach who is playing the scheduled game can protest a players eligibility. Player eligibility protest must be taken to the scorers table before the start of the game. Documentation/proof must be presented upon request. If the coach cannot provide proper proof of age for their player(s) being protested, then player(s) will not be allowed to participate until proof is provided.
- The score of all forfeits shall be 15-0.
- The Tournament Director has the right to alter rules, bylaws and bracket structure as needed.
Two-Team Ties: In the event of a two-way tie in the standings, the following tiebreaker system will be used (in-order) until the tie is broken.
- Head to Head Record
- Point Differential (15 Point Maximum)
- Record Against Common Opponent
- Only applies to teams within the same pool / round robin
- To select the common opponent = highest seeded team within the same pool / round robin
- Coin Toss
Ties Involving Three or More Teams: In the event of a tie among three or more teams, the tie breaking system (above) will be used (in-order) until the highest seeded team is determined. Once the highest seed is determined, the remaining tied teams will RESTART from the BEGINNING of the tie breaking system / criteria.
Score-Keeper: All teams are required to provide an official score keeper as part of their roster. We strongly recommend that the score keeper be an adult and must be present at each contest. The home team's (which will be determined by a coin toss before each game) scorekeeper will be the official score keeper for that game, with the visiting team also keeping score as a secondary or back up score book. The official score keeper will sit with the administration and volunteers at the scorer’s table or tent during the contest. The score keeper is now part of your roster and will be treated as a member of your team.
Team organizers / managers / coaches are required to submit a Coaches Form, Team Roster, Team Sport Athlete Form (for each player on the roster), proof of age for each player on the roster and the Appropriate TEAM FEE as soon as possible to enhance their chances of competing in the Nutmeg State Games. Proof of age includes a copy (please do not send originals) of one of the following: valid driver’s license, copy of a birth certificate or a copy of a passport.
To be considered for competition of the Nutmeg State Games a team must submit a Team Entry Packet which includes the following:
A properly completed Team Roster
A properly completed Coaches Form
A properly completed Team Sport Athlete Entry Form for EACH PLAYER ON THE ROSTER
Proof of age (a COPY of one of the following: Driver’s license, Birth Certificate or Passport)
Proof of Age is required for the following Team Sports: Baseball, Basketball, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Roller Hockey & Soccer
ONE CHECK covering the entire team entry for the approiate sport
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO ENTER YOUR TEAM'S ROSTER ONLINE
- Please Note: You will need to know the Team ID# and the Email Address of the Head Coach
70 Main St, Middletown, CT 06457
RATE: $105.00 per night
Guests can now call to book their reservations, or book online by following these steps:
- Enter the appropriate dates and number of guests
- Enter promo code: Nutmeg
- 2 Blocks from Wesleyan University
- Indoor Heated Pool & Whirlpool Spa, Fitness Center
- Complimentary Wireless internet in Guestrooms
- Award winning restaurant on site- TheTavern at the Armory-open for breakfast,lunch & dinner
- Complimentary self-parking & valet service available
- Walking distance to 45 restaurants, shops & Movie theater
- Area attractions: Powder Ridge Ski Resort, KidCity, Lyman Orchards, Empower Ziplining, The Adventure Rooms, Brownstone Quarries Discovery & Adventure Park, Hiking, CT Riverboat Cruises
161 Cross Street, Middletown, Connecticut 06459-0413
- From Hartford and North: Take Interstate 91 South through Hartford to exit 22S (left-hand exit). This exit is for Route 9 South to Middletown. At exit 15 (second light), turn right onto Route 66 West (also called Washington Street). Please refer to specific athletic facility instructions below.
- From New Haven and South: Traveling on Interstate 91 North, take exit 18 (66 East) - or - Traveling on Merritt/Wilbur Cross Parkway (Route 15 North), take exit 68 to Route 691/66 East. Route 66 becomes Washington Street in Middletown. Please refer to specific athletic facility instructions below.
- From Waterbury and West: Traveling on Interstate 84 East, take exit 27 to Route 691/66 East. Route 66 E becomes Washington Street in Middletown. Please refer to specific athletic facility instructions below.
- From New London and Southeast: Travel on Route 95 North to Route 9 North in Old Saybrook. Follow Route 9 North all the way to Middletown and turn left at the first traffic light in Middletown (Route 66 West). Please refer to specific athletic facility instructions below. By Car from Willimantic and East: Travel on Route 66 West all the way to Portland. Go over the bridge to Middletown, which puts you on Main Street. Stay on Main Street to third light, which is for Route 66 West (Washington Street). Turn right on Washington Street. Please refer to specific athletic facility instructions below.
Freeman Athletic Center, including the Bacon Field House,Spurrier-Snyder Ice Rink, Natatorium, Gymnasium, Squash Courts, Track, Smith Turf Field and Tennis Courts
If coming West on Route 66/Washington Street, go past High Street and turn left at next light onto Vine Street (cemetery on corner). Travel on Vine Street (tennis courts on right), turning to the right onto Knowles Avenue where the street branches off. At the stop sign turn right. Parking for the Freeman Athletic Center is available in both Lot R on the right side of Cross Street across from the Freeman Athletic Center or in Lot Q, which is located on the left side of Cross Street (first left after the fire station) .
If coming East on Route 66/Washington Street, turn right on Vine Street (cemetery on corner), which is the first light past Dunkin' Donuts and Midas. Travel on Vine Street (tennis courts on right), turning right onto Knowles Avenue where the street branches off. At the stop sign turn right. Parking for the Freeman Athletic Center is available in both Lot R on the right side of Cross Street across from the Freeman Athletic Center or in Lot Q, which is located on the left side of Cross Street (first left after the fire station) .
Parisi Speed School (Bristol & Enfield) is the Official Training Partner of the Nutmeg State Games!
With over 75 locations nationwide, the Parisi Speed School is recognized as the country's premiere athletic performance enhancement organization for youth athletics. Using techniques that have produced over 190 NFL draft picks, our specially trained performance coaches deliver a positive training experience that improves speed of movement and strength in character regardless of ability or economic status.
Whether training individual athletes or entire teams, athletes see clear results in performance and self-confidence from our programs. Call us today for more information and a free introductory class.