2013 Fast Pitch Softball Tournament
The 2013 Nutmeg State Games Fast-Pitch Softball Tournament is Sold Out.
If you are interested in putting your name on the waiting list please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Softball Tournament Schedule & Information:
Dates: 12 & Under and 14 & Under: Saturday, July 13th and Sunday, July 14th
- Please Note: we can only accommodate EIGHT (8) Teams per Age Group
Dates: 16 & Under and 18 & Under: Saturday, July 20th and Sunday, July 21st
- Please Note: we can only accommodate EIGHT (8) Teams per Age Group
- This year's PONY sanctioned Fast Pitch Softball Tournament will be hosted by the City of New Britain.
- The format for the tournament is "round robin/pool play" with a minimum 4 game guarantee.
Please See the Committed Team List Below per Age Group:
12 & Under: SOLD OUT:
- CT Bombers Black, CT Bombers Teal, Tradition (CT), Stamford Stars (CT), Newtown Hawks (CT), Team CT Americans, Central CT Comets, CT Eliminators Black.
14 & Under: SOLD OUT:
- Bombers Black (CT), Bombers Teal (CT), Shrewsbury Shockers (MA), Trumbull Seahawks (CT), Team Connecticut (CT), Charmers (CT), Soychak (NY), Southington Lightning (CT).
- Waiting List: (1) Ridgefield Rebels.
16 & Under: CLOSED - SOLD OUT:
- Western Mass Intensity (MA), Xtreme Choas (CT), CT Jades Red (CT), Southington Lightning (CT), WTN Rapids I (CT), CT Mirage (CT), Team Connecticut Nationals (CT), WTN Rapids II (CT).
- Waiting List: (1) Ridgefield Rebels (CT).
18 & Under: SOLD OUT:
- Middletown Mystics (PA), WTN Rapids (CT), Stratford Breakers (CT), Fairfield Fury (CT), Xplosion (CT), CT Mirage Black (CT), Southington Lightning Black (CT), Green Devils (CT).
Sport Details - Expand All | Collapse All
Chesley Park is located on Wildwood St. in New Britain. Chesley Park has three Softball Fields. Fields #1 and Field #2 will be used for the Nutmeg State Games Tournament. Parking is available along Wildwood St. For diretions to Chesley Park please scroll down to the right hand side of the page and click on Chesley Park under the Locations heading.
Sage Park is located off the Berlin Turnpike (Wilbur Cross Highway) on Suranna Dr. Sage Park is the home of Berlin High School and has two Softball Fields, Parking is available in the lot adjacent to the fields. The park has picnic pavillions, walking trails and restrooms. For directions to Sage Park please scroll down to the right hand side of the page and click on Sage Park under the the Locations heading.
|Age||Division||Roster Max.||Age Cut Off|
|12 & Under||Youth||16||01/01/2013|
|14 & Under||Junior||16||01/01/2013|
|16 & Under||Intermediate||16||01/01/2013|
|18 & Under||Scholastic||16||01/01/2013|
- No alcoholic beverages or illegal substances are permitted in the possession of athletes.
- Behavior on and off the competition field by any person’s associated with the "Games" must follow the highest standards.
- Use of foul or abusive language constitutes a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- All athletes must respect the decisions of the officials and umpires during and after competitions. Any harassment will constitute a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- Unruly behavior by spectators towards players, coaches, volunteers, and/or officials will not be tolerated. Such behavior may result in the dismissal of the offending spectator from the competition site.
- Any participant’s behavior deemed in violation of the Code of Conduct, as decided by the Nutmeg State Games administrative staff, subjects the competitor to expulsion from the "Games".
All teams are required to provide an official score keeper as part of their roster. We strongly recommend that the score keeper be an adult and must be present at each contest. The home team's (which will be determined by a coin toss before each game) score keeper will be the official score keeper for that game with the visiting team also keeping score as a secondary or back up score book. The official score keeper will sit with the administration and volunteers at the scorer’s table or tent during the contest. The score keeper is now part of your roster and will be treated as a member of your team.
Due to the fact that all competition brackets are ROUND ROBIN formats, a team may not intentionally forfeit a contest; even though the game may have no consequence on the seeding of the tournament at the conclusion of round robin play. Any team intentionally forfeiting a contest will be disqualified from further competition and the remaining teams will be re-seeded.
To be considered for the Nutmeg State Games a team must submit a team entry packet that consists of the following:
A properly completed Pony Approved Roster
A properly completed Coach’s Form.
A properly completed Team Sport Athlete Entry Form.
Proof of age (copy of drivers license, birth certificate, passport or players passes) for each athlete.
Send ONE CHECK covering the entire team entry fee for the appropriate sport, sent to:
Connecticut Sports Management Group, Inc.
50 Founders Plaza, Suite 301
East Hartford, CT 06108
PONY Softball Rules: 12 & Under, 14 & Under, 16 & Under and 18 & Under
Game format will be:
Game length will be seven innings for the Intermediate & Scholastic Division
1 1/2 hour time limit for preliminary round games.
All coaches are responsible for assuring that all players are properly equipped.
Teams are to provide their own practice balls.
Any player or coach ejected from a game will be disqualified from further play!
Home and Away Teams will be determined each game by a coin toss conducted by the Umpire or Nutmeg State Games Event Staff.
Two-Team Ties: In the event of a two-way tie in the standings, the following tiebreaker system will be used (in-order) until the tie is broken
- Head to Head record
- Least runs allowed
- Runs scored
- Coin toss
Ties Involving Three or More Teams: In the event of a tie amongst three or more teams, the tie breakting system (above) will be used (in-order) until the highest seeded team is determined. Once the highest seed is determined, the remaining tied teams will RESTART from the BEGINNING of the tie breaking system.
|2012 Medal Winning Teams|
|14 & Under||CT Mirage 97's||CT Seahawks||Xtreme Chaos|
|16 & Under||CT Mirage Black||CT Hornets||WTN Rapids|
|18 & Under||NWS Elite||WTN Rapids||CT Mirage 93's|
|2011 Medal Winning Teams|
|16 & Under||CT Titans||Dutchess Divas||CT Seahawks|
|18 & Under||Upper Deck Titans||WTN Rapids||CT Eliminators|
The Nutmeg State Games administration works closely with all Connecticut media outlets regarding any interesting stories about athletes and teams that will be participating in the "Games". If you have an interesting story to tell, we are all ears!
Human interests stories typically address situations "off-the-court". Do you volunteer in the community? Are you great at something other than the sport you are playing? Are you following in the steps of a a sibling or parent? Of course, if you are doing something great on the court please provide us with all the details.
If you, your team or someone you know fits any of these questions, please pass along this information or feel free to contact our office, and we would be happy to coordinate coverage on their behalf. - Please send all info to email@example.com.
College Planning Seminar & Pizza Party!
Hosted by the Nutmeg State Games and Play in College
DON'T WAIT TO BE DISCOVERED!
The Nutmeg State Games have partnered with Play In College, a Student Information System for athletes that helps parents and student-athletes increase the chances to receive college scholarships, and become educated on the admissions process while making it easy for college coaches to find the right player for their program... Derrick Rodgers, former NFL player will provide insights and his personal experience of the college recruiting process....and just for fun a pizza party at the Games to get to know each other.
The College Planning Seminar is FREE for all Nutmeg State Games athletes, coaches, parents and the general public to attend.
To Register to Attend the FREE College Planning Seminar please click here!
Join the ROCK CATS and the Nutmeg State Games as we honor all participating athletes at the stadium.
All participating athletes will receive a Free Ticket. Additional tickets (for parents and friends) can be purchased for $5.00.
To receive your tickets please sign-up at: www.rockcats.com/nutmegstategames
Friday, July 12th - 7:05 PM
Trenton Thunder vs. New Britain Rock Cats